Infected?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 4295

Reaction score
Hey guys, was wondering if you could help me out? A friend of mine on an unrelated forum started into home brewing. He just sent me this pic of his first batch. I know everyone always thinks their batches are infected when everything is usually alright, but something doesn't look right, especially the white stuff around the edges. Please tell me what you guys think. Thanks in advance.

de5cfa8657b20f02b1f2e0257c838d57_zps56f94c1a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Depends on how far in this batch it. The green is likely hops while the white you are referring to looks like possible krausen formation.

Tell him to stop playing with his bucket or it will be infected. If he wants to watch it he needs a carboy.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Home Brew mobile app

Thanks guys! He only opened it because it's been four weeks and he wanted to bottle it. He told me it looked like it had mold on it, so I asked for a pic. I told him it was definitely not mold, but I'd ask you guys what you thought. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back