Industrial water chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubjectB

Reaction score
Has anyone ever looked into using an industrial water chiller for a DIY glycol chiller instead of an AC unit or an aquarium chiller? A Chinese CW-3000 is way less expensive than an aquarium chiller and it comes in a aluminum case rather a plastic case.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTRAJ9N/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

IMG_0428.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a water chiller I got from a hydroponics store. It chills water down to 40 degrees at half the cost of a glycol system.

I have not, but that would be perfect if I wanted to replace using ice jugs to cool my water reservoir for my cooling coils.

I have not, but that would be perfect if I wanted to replace using ice jugs to cool my water reservoir for my cooling coils.

I started out with a coleman cooler and making my own block ice using 2 gallon tupperware containers. Submersible pumps fed the two immersion chillers and I was able to maintain a 3 day ice schedule. Then I invested in a Pelican cooler, ($300) which kept the water chilled for 7 days, still feeding 2 fermenters. This worked beautifully except took tons of space in my small apartment sized freezer. That's when I went to the hydroponics chiller, now I can get down to the low 40's and might even be able to lager.

Back