Indoor AG brewing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a bit of a BS position. There are billions of activities done safely with exacting precision that can kill someone who doesn't know the devil in the details. Anyone that logs on to the internet, gets a crazy idea and later kills themselves are just a part of the Darwin awards. Do we all have to put 2-page disclaimers in our sigs now?

No I don't think you need to write a disclaimer. Im all for DIY projects it just seems this one could be particularly dangerous. Everyone keeps refering to CO2 levels, how about propane levels. I mean when I use my propane grill smoker outside I always use leak detecter on the threaded connection, but inside this could be particularly dangerous if there is even the slightest leak. That's why piping is usually pressure tested. Im not trying to be a worry wort or discourage setting up an indoor brew space, I think its a great idea. Just how its pulled off is more important than building a mash tun or kegerator. The ideas about hard piping and locating the propane outside are all excellent ideas that will make it much more safe. Some of the other ones on this thread not so much.

Back