Indiana brewPUB cooperative

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBC

Reaction score
Folks, I have been working long hours on the formation of a brewPUB Cooperative for Indiana. I know there are similar cooperatives across the midwest, but believe this to be the first in Indiana.

For those who are not familiar with this concept, in a nutshell:
-Collective group of brewPUB owners, similar to the business operation of a credit union.
-The cooperative will collectively build/development/control operation of brewPUBS in communities across Indiana. This does NOT necessarily mean you will be swinging a hammer or pitching yeast (unless of course you want to!!).
-Member/owners share profits at year-end.
-One time initiation fee set to a specific amount to allow the development of the business; goal of building one brewPUB as a minimum.
-Total number of members can be limited (goal of 100-members for year one).

There is MUCH to talk about, and my goal is to start traveling around central Indiana and present this concept in person to small groups. I will be hosting the first event in a public location (restaurant or library likely), in southern Marion Count in the first week in January -2013-.

The goal is to gather as many potential members as possible, establish the business/elect officers, and begin the development of this organization.

Would you please send me a PM if you are remotely interested and would at least consider hanging out with a small group one evening in the upcoming month(s)?

*Disclaimer: this is not a get-rich quick scheme, and you may never make a significant profit. It is for the love of brewing, and for the community attached to the hobby. I am just trying to wrangle enough folks in Central Indiana for it to become a reality.

Did this go anywhere? I would be interested in something like this, but I wouldnt be able to participate to any real degree in Central Indiana, as I am in South Bend and am only in the Indianapolis area once every other month or so.

Please send me a message if there is anything I could do, or with some more information though. I might still be interested in participating in some way.

Heck, I live right on the South Side, just off 37. I'd definitely be in, but will be moving soon :(

Back