Incredible Weight Loss Pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May be disturbing but,I Gotta give him some credit....It takes a lot of motivation to loose that much weight it had to be tough.

That's incredible. Those pics after he lost the weight and before the surgery are freaking creepy though.

I can't figure out how he lost that weight using only Carb Cycling though. It looks like it's supposed to be a technique for getting off the last 8% or so of your bodyfat, and even then seems like it only fits into Bodybuilding or Atkins.

chriso

Well once you cut soda, candy, beer- generally eat good foods. Its easy.

How can I still lose fat even after eating 200-350grms of carbs a day? Easy- Exercise and good nutrition

So in his case, it's a self discipline thing - that is to say, he was literally starving himself from a caloric standpoint, and the combination of 1) severe under-intake of calories and 2) repeated stimulus of his metabolism led to 3) severe weight loss?

Just trying to figure this out. I don't get all these "specialty" diets. Just like most other trends from the last 10 years.

chriso

No not starving but giving his body actual nutrition. Your body is designed to store fat- foods with super high energy IE high fat, sugar are easily converted to fat.

Foods like potatos and rice are high in energy but not as easily converted into fat creating a more useful energy supply that keeps you feeling full for longer. Thats why oatmeal is such a good breakfast.

Specialty diets are for the most part quick fixes- But a Diet like South Beach is a well balanced diet. You cant go wrong with 3-6 healthy meals.

That is amazing! Now I know what I will look like when I get this weight off. OK. Maybe not that bad.

I've always wondered what happens to the skin of people who lose massive amounts of weight. I had no idea it was like that.
That guy is a very handsome dude now. The transformation is unbelievable!

I saw a documentary about a different lady who lost large amounts of weight and had a similar surgery. I think it was called "The Incredible Shrinking Woman." Anyway, apparently it's incredibly painful. Definitely goes to show that overeating can have much more serious consequences than just weight gain. Once you reach a point, it can take radical surgery to fix it. Even if you manage to avoid heart problems, diabetes, etc, you may have to go through horribly painful plastic surgery to ever return to normal.

Wow!

Being the weird person I am...I also wondered about special uses for the extra hide. I mean, if it were me, I'd want to claim my skin back and make something out of it...like some shoes with a matching belt. Waste not, want not! (or is that waist not, want not? ;)

Bedlam said:
Wow!

Being the weird person I am...I also wondered about special uses for the extra hide. I mean, if it were me, I'd want to claim my skin back and make something out of it...like some shoes with a matching belt. Waste not, want not! (or is that waist not, want not? ;)

You cal that comment being weird?

That goes way beyond being weird!

Course, I could use a new skin for my Djembe!

I always wondered about the changed geometry of skin features that occur because of the removal of skin. For instance I have hair on the topside of my arm but almost none on the underside. After the stretching and removal of the underside, does this guy have hair spread out, but totally covering his arm now? How about chest hair? It looks like they removed a lot of skin from his chest under his arms. Does that mean he has chest hair right up to the stitch line? Still, it's pretty awesome that he survived the weight loss. People who are that far overweight, often can't handle the stress of reduced eating and excercise without have a heart attack and dying.

Back