Immature Humor Alert!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a name like that, he's GOT to be one tough MoFo.

There is a receiver at FSU with the last name "Fagg". I keep thinking about how many guys he had to beat up all through elementary and high school. I'm thinking there's no way he can't throw a solid punch!

Then there's always A Boy Named Sue,

Even if the names are pronounced differently...has to be more than a coincidence.

Read a book, "Freakonomics". Has a chapter about the effect of one's name on his/her success in life. Anyway, apparently some father named one son Oranjello, and another Lemonjello (accent on the second syllable). WTF??

Father being a wisea$$ naming his kid "Lucious", with a surname like that? HMMM...

When I was in the USAF back in the late 80's my base commanders name was Major Richard Pounder! No joke. You would think that with a last name like that he would have not have let people call him dick.

John

johnsma22 said:
When I was in the USAF back in the late 80's my base commanders name was Major Richard Pounder! No joke. You would think that with a last name like that he would have not have let people call him dick.

John
I worked with a guy who's name was Richard Soss. He insisted on being called Dick.

RichBrewer said:
I worked with a guy who's name was Richard Soss. He insisted on being called Dick.

An I thought that mine was funny! :D How about that NASCAR driver Richard Trickle. What are people thinking? :drunk:

John

One of my college professors was Richard Wacker. He started off every semester by introducing himself and promptly telling everyone that using the nickname of Dick would cause grievous harm to their GPA

I hadn't looked at the original link before posting my first reply. It reminded me of one of my clients, from a former life, whose name was Hugh Pusey. Don't know how he survived to adulthood.

I had a boss that was "Gary A. Dick".

He lost an eye in a golfing accident. Slammed the club on the fairway only to hit him in the eye.

Behind his back, the engineering team called old one eyed dick!!! :D

No Joke. - He was a pretty good boss though....

I went to high school with a girl who's name was Sue Werr. She was butt ugly too.:cross:

I went to school with a Michael Hunt. He was NOT to be called Mike under any circumstances, ONLY Michael.

Also, one day when we were kids and were bored we looked in the phone book (remember those?) for funny names. I actually saw Phillip and Patricia Mawhinney. Yep, good ol' Phil and Pat.

The best I have ever seen, though, was while I was leafing through a local parents magazine. If I told you the guys name and his profession, you'd never believe me or blow it off as an urban legend. So here's the link to some info. about him from a reputable medical site:

Keep in mind he was an OB/GYN:

http://www.hcbmdbom.medem.com/

Orpheus said:
The best I have ever seen, though, was while I was leafing through a local parents magazine. If I told you the guys name and his profession, you'd never believe me or blow it off as an urban legend. So here's the link to some info. about him from a reputable medical site:

Keep in mind he was an OB/GYN:

http://www.hcbmdbom.medem.com/

OMFG. Classic.

I talked to a guy today named Richard Pierce. I wonder if his nickname was Prince Albert....

In my local school district, we have an elementary PE teacher named Will Nailor. Also, there is an assistant principal whose last name is Johnson, and he recently had a daughter. He named her Major. No kidding.

Although those both pale next to Dr. Harry Beaver the OB/GYN. I still can't believe that.

the art guy said:
Also, there is an assistant principal whose last name is Johnson, and he recently had a daughter. He named her Major. No kidding.

The Chief Investment Officer of First Albany Corp, a guy that you hear on the radio all the time, is "Hugh Johnson."

I went to high school with Harold Spots. He didn't mind being called Harry.

and re: Cheesefood's post, welcome to Nashville, y'all. Like a comedian in a club here one night said:

"I just came in from LA, where the morning traffic report sez something like 'theres a sniper on a bridge who has things backed up a little bit over on the south side'. I love being in Nashville, where the traffic reports say 'y'all take it easy over on the westbound lanes of I-24, there's a mattress in the two left lanes...'".

No lie. I heard it the morning he arrived in town for his 3 day gig.

Back