I'm replying, I'm replying, I'm.......not replying

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WesleyS

Reaction score
At least a few times a day this happens to me. I open a thread that peaks my interest, read the OP and any replies and decide I have something to add to the discussion. So I type out a reply(sometimes long), read back over it and decide I don't like something in my wording, or I want to add or take out something. Then I end up changing my mind and cancel the reply all together. Does anyone else do this often?

It's pretty casual here, don't build it up in your head too much. Just make shorter posts until you get the hang of it. No need to write the Unabomber Manifesto for each thread. I usually try to check mine to make sure it won't be taken the wrong way, then I just post away.

I say whats on my mind, get flamed, and apologize. It works better for me than editing myself.

Brewknurd's mom wears army boots.

once a year or so.

Unless your thoughts are consistently racist or sexist, I say let fly.

Even my nonsensical references to One eyed Ogre male rapists find purchase somewhere and get several hundred replies.

Here let me spout some idiocy to show you that it is all GOOD.

What in the crap is the white yeasty stuff in my fermenter?????

I syphoned my wort off of it....and it made more!!!!!!!

What is DME?? Dimethylenergy??????

Anyone else suffer from inability to get an erection? Me neither!!

I do have to re read everthing that i type but I´m writting in a different language. I usually speak my mind and forget about it, take or leave it if I have to I´ll apologize but more often than not I´m rigth so I don´t give a rat ass (see this kind of thing is something that you may have to apologize later)

Oblivious, the fact that you are more articulate in a second language than many around me are their own speaks well of you, and ill of some of my countrymen.

One of my problems is I'll read my reply to a brewing question and think "that sounds dumb" or "I'm sure someone else will reply and word theirs better than this."

CreamyGoodness said:
Oblivious, the fact that you are more articulate in a second language than many around me are their own speaks well of you, and ill of some of my countrymen.

Completely agree

One of my problems is I'll read my reply to a brewing question and think "that sounds dumb" or "I'm sure someone else will reply and word theirs better than this."

Well then let me ask you this, do you think you usually get your point across? If its just a matter of flowery language then I say you go ahead and say it.

Yep. For me, it's "am I really adding anything productive to this conversation?", and the answer is usually no.

Thank you guys :D
What did happen to me it´s tipying a long answer and when I finish writing it (takes me a while) cut what I just wrote to refresh the page see what people is saying and then paste and send the post, but when I see the new comments I think to myself well this people is not going to agree at all and decide not to post , this happens to me whenever there is a post about protein rest, pleople don´t care for it why should I care to post my answer... even if it did take me while to write and I know I´m rigth :p

I had initially typed up a long reply to this thread and the re-read my reply and decided that it just wasn't worth it since Cheezy showed up. Then I decided to edit the initial reply and now you're getting this. Happy now?

I had initially typed up a long reply to this thread and the re-read my reply and decided that it just wasn't worth it since Cheezy showed up. Then I decided to edit the initial reply and now you're getting this. Happy now?

DUDE!!!!

I give you license to never self edit.

Your "sit on both hands until numb" post was EPIC!!

There that is settled.

If whattawort can get multiple "thumbs ups" for such nonsensical humor, anything you can squirt out will sound JUST FINE!!!

:mug:

Does that mean I'm infamous yet? I've long dreamed of being infamous. And rich. I've long dreamed of being infamous and rich. And cool. I've long dreamed of being infamous, rich, and cool. And rich....wait...no, I want to be richer still.

Does that mean I'm infamous yet? I've long dreamed of being infamous. And rich. I've long dreamed of being infamous and rich. And cool. I've long dreamed of being infamous, rich, and cool. And rich....wait...no, I want to be richer still.

Just focus on be rich, everything else will come along, or at least you´ll find yourself surrounded by people that´s going to say how cool great and awesome you are.

CreamyGoodness said:
Well then let me ask you this, do you think you usually get your point across? If its just a matter of flowery language then I say you go ahead and say it.

You're right. The point would come across.
I just always second guess myself on certain things.

Just focus on be rich, everything else will come along, or at least you´ll find yourself surrounded by people that´s going to say how cool great and awesome you are.

Perhaps I should look for my riches through my impending infamy. Every town needs a villain.

Perhaps I should look for my riches through my impending infamy. Every town needs a villain.

You´re are rigth every town needs a villian, every town also need an idiot and crazy man.
You already called for the villian spot, what should we give to cheezydemon then? I tought that demons an villains where close enough... but now what do you thing village idiot or crazy dude?

I typed out a reply to this, then deleted it.

Really, yes. I definitely have more aborted replies than actual ones.

You´re are rigth every town needs a villian, every town also need an idiot and crazy man.
You already called for the villian spot, what should we give to cheezydemon then? I tought that demons an villains where close enough... but now what do you thing village idiot or crazy dude?

He'll be my evil minion and my beer acquisition director. He can also take the fall if my dastardly plans go wrong since he can regenerate. I assume he can. Any self-respecting demon can do something as elementary as that. BUT, if the zombie apocalypse were to happen, he gets to take over and rule. I'm going to be too occupied making zed dry-limbed ale.

To be honest, I thought this was going to be a post timeout rant.

That happens to me a lot. Can't say I've had a "think before post moment". But, I have had it where I write a post, click submit, and then proceed to watch that little green bar creep along to see if it actually goes through.

GilaMinumBeer said:
To be honest, I thought this was going to be a post timeout rant.

That happens to me a lot. Can't say I've had a "think before post moment". But, I have had it where I write a post, click submit, and then proceed to watch that little green bar creep along to see if it actually goes through.

I hate that. I use the iPhone app and sometimes when I hit the send button it tries to send for the longest time and then says there's a connection error. About 3/4 of the time it doesn't go through. The rest of the time I just cancel it and my reply shows up anyway.

He'll be my evil minion and my beer acquisition director. He can also take the fall if my dastardly plans go wrong since he can regenerate. I assume he can. Any self-respecting demon can do something as elementary as that. BUT, if the zombie apocalypse were to happen, he gets to take over and rule. I'm going to be too occupied making zed dry-limbed ale.

Mission accepted.....(my glasses explode now...........right?)

I think you saw my secret memo on letting the zed apocalypse (I prefer Zombie insurrection) occur and then become heros as we stamp it out, and THEN become Beer heros, since we saved a few zeds in our stable to provide fresh zeds, whose limbs we harvest to create a non reproduceable brew.

It can't fail.....as long as we can pass laws that allow convicted murderers to be infected by the zeds......

Obliviousbrew said:
cheezy I really need to know what are you smoking and if you are willing to share some of it.

caught me red handed! Captain Black my love, nothing more.

No, my love of the nonsensical is to the core, far beyond what any drug could provide.

please get back on topic.......

Now, once the zombie insurrection begins, there are 5 key points to my plan.......

Well.... Captain Black and my over the top India Pale Ale.;)

What about posters regret? After the I'm replying, I'm replying, I'm.......not replying, ok I am replying. Then I sometimes get the "Why did I reply? I wonder if anyone will notice if I just delete it...."

sonofgrok said:
What about posters regret? After the I'm replying, I'm replying, I'm.......not replying, ok I am replying. Then I sometimes get the "Why did I reply? I wonder if anyone will notice if I just delete it...."

I have done that as well.

A lot of the time I start typing a reply and when I re-read it I find that it's either sexist or racist. But it's not sexist AND racist, so I just say forget it and press back.

A lot of the time I start typing a reply and when I re-read it I find that it's either sexist or racist. But it's not sexist AND racist, so I just say forget it and press back.

Try harder! You can do it!! You idiotic white males can't be expected to do that great so expectations are forgivingly low!

At least a few times a day this happens to me. I open a thread that peaks my interest, read the OP and any replies and decide I have something to add to the discussion. So I type out a reply(sometimes long), read back over it and decide I don't like something in my wording, or I want to add or take out something. Then I end up changing my mind and cancel the reply all together. Does anyone else do this often?

You mis spelled piqued. You really should at least glance at what you typed ;)

Latest posts

Back