Im really not trying to be brag... But

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silentdrinker

Reaction score
I don't consider myself a lucky person; however, when it comes to beer/homebrewing, I can't deny I'm probably one of the luckiest "SOBs" around.

Every time I tell my friends about a deal/score, they always say: dude, only you...

Today my fiancé's dad, who works for a company that buy/sells commercial restaurant kitchen equipment. Gives me a 1/6 sanke keg. They've gotten corny kegs and CO2 tanks before, and he's given them to me because they don't deal in that kind of stuff. Anyway, I go to pick it up. It's FULL. I think it's coors or bud, but I was hoping for an ipa. I get it home and see a small sticker on it. He gave me a $120 full keg of:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/610/2751/

I have so many stories like this, like the time Otto from Schlafly's hand delivered (he actually flew from St. Louis to Portland, Or) two 6 packs of their pumpkin ale. He actually managed to pack them with his luggage. I had emailed him asking some tips. My fiancé loves pumpkin and I managed to get theirs in a trade. It's not distributed here, so I wanted to recreate it. He happened to be coming into pdx the following day and called me when he got to the airport. Coolest thing ever!

A couple months ago I met the cellar manager at Elysian while in Tacoma. He hooks me up with thirteen 22oz (most dragons tooth stout) and a case plus some extra bottles of 12oz bottles (most of those were space dust IPA)

Just this last weekend I go out of town for my uncles funeral. I find out his brother is a home brewer. While at his house, he shows me a bunch of "corny kegs" he didn't want and had no idea what to do with them... He gave them to me. There was like 10. They are hoff-Steven and D coupler cornelius kegs. The D coupler ones were done by SABCO as "pub kegs" the hoff-Stevens look like they were manufactured that way. I haven't gotten much info about them though.

Those were only a fragment of the crazy things I've gotten... Most of them are insane deals I've come across for homebrew gear. Like a 20 gallon Blichmann boil maker with false bottom for $200. A 15 gallon boilermaker with false bottom AND 14.5 Blichmann conical FREE. A large $500+ rock star fridge for $50 (in excellent shape) it's now my ferment chamber.... I can seriously can go on.

The brew gods much love me.

I don't consider myself a lucky person; however, when it comes to beer/homebrewing, I can't deny I'm probably one of the luckiest "SOBs" around.

Every time I tell my friends about a deal/score, they always say: dude, only you...

Today my fiancé's dad, who works for a company that buy/sells commercial restaurant kitchen equipment. Gives me a 1/6 sanke keg. They've gotten corny kegs and CO2 tanks before, and he's given them to me because they don't deal in that kind of stuff. Anyway, I go to pick it up. It's FULL. I think it's coors or bud, but I was hoping for an ipa. I get it home and see a small sticker on it. He gave me a $120 full keg of:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/610/2751/

I have so many stories like this, like the time Otto from Schlafly's hand delivered (he actually flew from St. Louis to Portland, Or) two 6 packs of their pumpkin ale. He actually managed to pack them with his luggage. I had emailed him asking some tips. My fiancé loves pumpkin and I managed to get theirs in a trade. It's not distributed here, so I wanted to recreate it. He happened to be coming into pdx the following day and called me when he got to the airport. Coolest thing ever!

A couple months ago I met the cellar manager at Elysian while in Tacoma. He hooks me up with thirteen 22oz (most dragons tooth stout) and a case plus some extra bottles of 12oz bottles (most of those were space dust IPA)

Just this last weekend I go out of town for my uncles funeral. I find out his brother is a home brewer. While at his house, he shows me a bunch of "corny kegs" he didn't want and had no idea what to do with them... He gave them to me. There was like 10. They are hoff-Steven and D coupler cornelius kegs. The D coupler ones were done by SABCO as "pub kegs" the hoff-Stevens look like they were manufactured that way. I haven't gotten much info about them though.

Those were only a fragment of the crazy things I've gotten... Most of them are insane deals I've come across for homebrew gear. Like a 20 gallon Blichmann boil maker with false bottom for $200. A 15 gallon boilermaker with false bottom AND 14.5 Blichmann conical FREE. A large $500+ rock star fridge for $50 (in excellent shape) it's now my ferment chamber.... I can seriously can go on.

The brew gods much love me.

And here I thought I had it good when my aunt decided she didn't like her 5-week old refrigerator and gave it to me for a fermentation chamber.

I do have an older brother like you.

He accidentally stumbled into a casting call for The Walking Dead and decided to try out. Out of 2,000 people there, he's one of about thirty people cast as survivors in Woodbury. No prior acting experience, never seen the show. Goes on to be front and center in 8 (I think it was 8 anyway) episodes. Now he does commercials for the weather channel and appears in bit parts in shows like NCIS.

his location isn't mentioned, and i dont think too many countries have lords anymore in the real sense of the word. :)

but those are incredible finds. however a 20gallon brew setup? haha i hope you actually have the space for all your stuff. if i got it for free i wouldnt have anywhere to put it...

And here I thought I had it good when my aunt decided she didn't like her 5-week old refrigerator and gave it to me for a fermentation chamber.

I do have an older brother like you.

He accidentally stumbled into a casting call for The Walking Dead and decided to try out. Out of 2,000 people there, he's one of about thirty people cast as survivors in Woodbury. No prior acting experience, never seen the show. Goes on to be front and center in 8 (I think it was 8 anyway) episodes. Now he does commercials for the weather channel and appears in bit parts in shows like NCIS.

That's crazy... I consider my older brother to be the real lucky one. When we were kids, he entered a drawing at the mall. He gets a call telling him to come pick up his CAR. He actually won the drawing, but was too young to collect!

And once my aunt entered all of us in a drawing at McDonald's to become a ball boy for the first USA Dream team (Olympic basket ball with ALL the greats of my child hood) the ****er won and didn't even like basketball or sports in general. He still doesn't! He not only got to see the game, but he was court side and collected the basketballs as they practiced. This was in the 90s and im still jealous. If it were me, I would've done anything to get a Basketball signed... i can't believe he didn't. Not even a single autograph, but he got lots of photos.

his location isn't mentioned, and i dont think too many countries have lords anymore in the real sense of the word. :)

but those are incredible finds. however a 20gallon brew setup? haha i hope you actually have the space for all your stuff. if i got it for free i wouldnt have anywhere to put it...

I'm in the process of assembling my 50amp BCS control panel. Im going all electric. Eventually I want to build a shed, but it'll be in the basement until then.

The brewey itself is minimal in size. you don't even want me to post the photo I took of all the corny kegs I had. I have had over 100 corny kegs in my basement at once. I've sold several since then.

Back