I'm not drunk...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevedasleeve

Reaction score
But I'm amazed at the posts these days... All lower case, bad grammar, incomplete sentences, spelling errors galore, pigeon english. It's a generation thing right?

And idiot questions. Idiot as in do a tiny bit of reading and, viola, there's the answer. What a concept: fermentation takes time, picking your nose and wiping it on the airlock might inoculate your beer, adding too much/too little hops might change the bitterness, yes you need to mill your grain... And so on.

Cheers,
Steve da sleeve

But I'm amazed at the posts these days... All lower case, bad grammar, incomplete sentences, spelling errors galore, pigeon english. It's a generation thing right?

And idiot questions. Idiot as in do a tiny bit of reading and, viola, there's the answer. What a concept: fermentation takes time, picking your nose and wiping it on the airlock might inoculate your beer, adding too much/too little hops might change the bitterness, yes you need to mill your grain... And so on.

Cheers,
Steve da sleeve

Completely agree. I don't mind questions, if there is some thought process involved. It is the thread killing narcissistic attempts to get attention that get to me.
I don't have spell check and I am guilty of bad spelling on occasion.

I'm part of this supposed generation of which you speak.

Do you want me to do something to sounds awesome or ask a dumb question?

There are a lot of idiots around. I think what we are experiencing is more people getting their 15 minutes thanks to social networking and other crap like that.

youre not drunk well thats your problem right there
hey go look out the window and make sure there arent any children playing on your lawn

I want to be the generation of old guy that actually embraces youth culture rather than bemoaning it. It's just a bad look. Not punk rock at all.

I'm good and drunk too.

To be fair, there's a few folks who will still (me) ask a dumb question from time to time and also it may well be because I am drunk. That's one of the perks here right? You can drink and post without driving so long as what you post makes 1/2 sense (as long as you searched first). Also too, I feel like it might make for good conversation from time to time.

One of my best friends puts the most ridiculous run on sentences on facebook updates all the time. I hate facebook (but I only keep it to stay in touch with out of state/military friends). I constantly catch myself wanting to correct people or call them out (I'm 28 by the way, a young'n)

youre not drunk well thats your problem right there
hey go look out the window and make sure there arent any children playing on your lawn

You gave me a good laugh at that one at how easily entertained that I have become. While I have been on hiatus I have been chasing the monkeys away with an airsoft pistol (semiauto). It's quite entertaining and hilarious to watch the antics that they will go through to get at the neighbor's trash. Sneaky lil buggers!!

hahahaha :mug:

Couldn't see your planet at all last night, 6 inches of snow a few light years away here shrouded everything but the damn kids playing on my lawn, all talking in lower case and quoting stupid pop song lyrics. At least I have my own beer to drink! Kids should piss off their elders, it's the way of things. I did and it served me well. Elders should hate music of the current generation. Language and communication should evolve. I just have a hard time reading posts that look like e e cummings but read like, I don't know, illiterate children but are presumably written by adults. I'm grading 30 papers this weekend and half of them have the same quality of language and disinterest in elegant communication. Oh and 40% of them are plagiarized from the Internet! I know it sounds like I'm bashing the younger generation but I'm not really, I just think they are stupid little know-it-alls that don't, and have nothing to add to civilization, and we should maybe start again with a new batch...

Cheers,
Steve da sleeve

I want to be the generation of old guy that actually embraces youth culture rather than bemoaning it. It's just a bad look. Not punk rock at all.

I'm good and drunk too.

I'm gonna be the old guy that yells at the mail carrier. "You damn kids with your damn hula-hoop music and hair styles! Get off my lawn or I'll call the cops! Back in my day, e-mails were made out of paper and the interwebs were filled with jelly doughnuts. I remember one time back in nineteen double ought eleventy twelve..."

and I'm gonna scare all the neighborhood kids by stretching out all my tattoos.

Back