I'm having a cookout/party Saturday.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm having a cookout/home brew tasting party this coming Saturday. I'll be serving 10 different home brews at this party , so my fridge needs to be stocked. Here is what the thing looks like at the moment. I also have temporarily turned my fermentation chamber into extra storage.

image-193567921.jpg

image-3119707537.jpg

Well... what i just heard was "I'm going to do something awesome." And then you stopped the story... It's like a cliffhanger at the end of a TV show only for a 'tune in next week' message

What kind of beers do you have there?
What kind of food are you serving? I'm hungry and thirsty already.

Well... what i just heard was "I'm going to do something awesome." And then you stopped the story... It's like a cliffhanger at the end of a TV show only for a 'tune in next week' message

What kind of beers do you have there?
What kind of food are you serving? I'm hungry and thirsty already.

My apologies. Here is what will be on hand.

Blue Agave Wheat...........................4.94%
Kolsch...........................................5.46%
Double Chocolate Stout...................7.54%
SMaSH IPA......................................7.8%
Newcastle Clone...............................5.2%
Eagles IPA.....................................5.85%
Black Horse (American Black Ale)......6.5%
Vanilla Bourbon Porter.....................7.67%
Oatmeal Stout................................3.77%
Orange Wheat................................4.29%

The Oatmeal Stout wasn't expected to be that low, but poor efficiency will do that. I'm blaming the crush. I should get my mill today. Here's to hoping it's on my doorstep when I get home.

We'll be grilling some chicken breast, turkey burgers, sweet sausages, spicy sausages, hot dogs and whatever else people bring. Chips and salsa will be on hand as will hummus and assorted veggies. I'm telling everyone to bring a side or some meat, so I'm not quite sure what else will be had.

I got a real good guacamole recipe if you're interested...

Serves 3 (Double or Triple if need be)

3 black Hass Avocados (they should have some give to them but not be soft/mushy)
1/2 small "White" Onion (diced fine, rinsed under running water, drained)
1 Serrano or Habanero chile (seeds removed, veins are okay, minced very fine) [jalapenos aren't spicy]
a handful of chopped Cilantro (leaves only)
1/2 fresh Lime (juice of)
1/2 Plum Tomato (insides discarded, outside is diced for garnish)
Kosher salt

Dice the tomato, season with salt, and set aside to drain excess water.

Make a chile "paste" base by smashing the minced chile, 1-1/2 tbsp. diced onion, 1-1/2 tbsp. chopped cilantro, and 1/4 tsp. kosher salt. A mortar & pestle works well here.

Next, put the avocado flesh in a large bowl, squeeze over the lime juice, and pour in the chile paste base. Mash with a potato masher. Not too much though. You want some avocado chunks. Taste and add more salt or lime if necessary. Add another tsp. or so each of chopped onion and cilantro. Combine and pour into a decorative bowl. Top with the diced tomato for color.

100% white corn tortilla chips are great for this, or you could make some mean quesadillas.

Gotta make it fresh and eat it the day of. Leftovers in a sealed container are okay for one additional day.

Latest posts

Back