I'm going back to the Brewtroller!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hullguy

Reaction score
After trying some of the alternatives I've decided to install a new Brewcontroller back into my brewery.

I don't have the time to learn how to script and this controller was easy to use, to import recipes and I made some great beers with it. Jim

I can understand going back to what you feel comfortable with.
I dont write scripts and I use brucontrol as it works well (like brewtroller) as a regular software based control panel with manually activated and controlled devices the way I like to brew.. Some day I would like to learn to write scripts for certain functions but honestly I have no actual need for them now.
It doesnt allow the importing of recipes but since my system isnt automated thats kind of a moot point anyway. plus, since I use it in my brewpub I need to be sure things are correct.

@Hullguy, did you find BruControl unsatisfactory? Not sure if you meant BC, but assuming so by your reference to scripting. We try to support it as much as desired by our users, so if you had any questions or concerns, I’d like to make sure we addressed them completely.

No doubt it’s a bit more DIY than some other solutions... but with that comes the flexibility to get exactly what you are ultimately looking for. Sometimes people prefer or need a turnkey solution - we understand and respect that.

Last edited:
To be fair, you can set up BruControl right off the bat to simulate a control panel. No scripting needed.

The outputs act like buttons by default. The PIDs have interface to adjust SP and you can manually open and change outputs.

If you haven't committed and don't want to bother, I have my script posted below... I can explain it in detail or send you my workspace to try... nothing fancy

To be fair, you can set up BruControl right off the bat to simulate a control panel. No scripting needed.

The outputs act like buttons by default. The PIDs have interface to adjust SP and you can manually open and change outputs.

If you haven't committed and don't want to bother, I have my script posted below... I can explain it in detail or send you my workspace to try... nothing fancy
Exactly what I was trying to say I do with it above.

Back