Im freaking out over here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docmoran

Reaction score
Posted earlier on different header/thread and appreciate comments but Im freakin over here. First AG this weekend - Midwest Autumn Ale with 2 vials White lab Cali yeast into 5 gallons at 74 degrees with target OG just shy off and Massive 8 hour later blow off co2 etc. This stopped to no blow off activity at about 36 hours. Am I hosed -- is that too fast etc ??? I just need someone to pump me up right now. thanks, doc

It's prefect. You're going to make a great beer! That's wonderful. No problems there at at all....

Mellow out man.... Say OMMMMMMMMMMMM.....
watch

74 is a little warm, but you should be alright. Some of my beers are done after 36hrs. You don't keep it at 74, right?

I like to pitch Cal ale cool ~ 63-64F. Keep the fermenter at 68F. Takes about 12 hrs to take off consistently, and the beer is uber clean.

Please quit freaking out, it's scaring the children.

You are fine. You still have plenty of time before you should worry, beer can finish the active portion of fermentation that quickly. It happens. Take a hydro reading in a week and see what has happened.

You are fermenting on the warm side and might look at cooling things down a bit in the future, but it's nothing major.

Chill.......
I

74 is a little warm, which could totally have that fermentation over with in 36 hours. it should still be fine though. if it were me, I'd leave it in there for a week or two more to give the yeast a chance to clean up after themselves, and then bottle/keg

eschatz - thanks --OMMMMMMMM really works MELLOW

smizak - thanks also -- no dont keep at 74 - has been maintained at about 68 - 70.

McKBREW and ericm

Your right -- the kids dont need to be witness to this - Im stable now.

The temp issue is well taken -- I just got nervous about the whole ale yeast at lower temp thing. Will be stronger in future.

McKBREW and ericm

Your right -- the kids dont need to be witness to this - Im stable now.

The temp issue is well taken -- I just got nervous about the whole ale yeast at lower temp thing. Will be stronger in future.

Lower temps are good. I like fermenting at about 64 degrees. Most yeast are totally happy at that level.

Back