I'm a noob and brew in an apartment.. some pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sethga

Reaction score
and... here are some pics. Had the camera out while brewing my third all grain batch the other day, my second attempt at Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde. I did one extract and went straight to AG, seems like much more fun :) and gives me an excuse to be around and do laundry

Here's the thumbnails for all the pics,

http://www.ice8420.com/thumbnails.php?album=150

The descriptions are not for you guys, they are for my friends that wonder how home brewing works :)

Fermenting is done in various places around my apartment.. currently, the linen closet :rockin: with random better bottles of ciders aging in my bedroom closets...

forgive the mess, I was doing dishes and cleaning all types of other **** while mashing/boiling

normal_homebrew2152010-012.jpg

normal_homebrew2152010-018.jpg

normal_homebrew2152010-022.jpg

normal_homebrew2152010-025.jpg

Thanks again to all those that contribute here and have got me into a new hobby!

How did the heatstick work for you? Why is there no beer in these pictures?!! :confused:

Oops.. I did commit a cardinal sin didn't I??? Cameras are all put away, I will grab a pic the next time I pull a pint off!!!

Heatstick works great. It's a 2000watt element, coupled with my stove which has a canning element (found out about it in a thread here), I can get a good boil going with just the heatstick and the stove on medium-high

The heat stick is very nice. how to you keep from blowing a fuse with it? I.E. running nothing off of that breaker while the heat stick is on.

just a suggestion from one noob to another...maybe get a tube to take the beer out of the mash tun to the kettle to avoid that much more oxidation.

cheers mate!

Thanks guys.. still gotta get a pic of a pint coming out of the keg to satisfy the one reply up there :( I have 3 AG batches under my belt and participated in the local grain group buy so that count will be going up soon :)

The heat stick is very nice. how to you keep from blowing a fuse with it? I.E. running nothing off of that breaker while the heat stick is on.

My kitchen has 2 separate 20amp circuits for the counter outlets. The only thing connected to the one I use the heatstick with is the toaster, the other the microwave. So, as long as I'm not trying to make toast or heat up leftovers while making beer I am good to use those circuits exclusively for heatsticks :)

just a suggestion from one noob to another...maybe get a tube to take the beer out of the mash tun to the kettle to avoid that much more oxidation.

cheers mate!

Thanks for that. I was under the impression that I didn't need to do this pre-boil but will add that into the mix :) It's probably better I do that anyways, I kicked the bucket away one time and distributed some runnings all over the floor :(

I noticed there's a couple of Maple Shaders here.

I'm originally from Camden, but lived a long time up the road from you in Browns Mills and Mt Holly.

Nice pics in the link. :mug:

Cool man :) I recommend the wing bowl pictures in my gallery ;)

cheers mate!

Great, now we'll get the HSA is a myth crowd descending on us. A better reason for the tube is to create a siphon to get the last of the wort out of the cooler.

Great! So you are having beer tank with you! Dude you are very lucky to have a brewing room like anything!

Druish_00 said:

cheers mate!

Yeah oxidation is a good thing before you pitch your yeast. I pour just as he is with a funnel to collect hops and anything else that is in the boil kettle. I then use an air pump for 15 minutes to give the yeast more oxygen.

Great pics!

Back