If you're in La Mesa, CA...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryC

Reaction score
My wife came home from a shopping trip the other day and told me she had found a local liquor store that had a good selection of craft beer. I figured I'd take a look and expected to see one or two bays in the reefer with craft beer and then the usual BMC selection. WRONG!!! This guy has more variety than any other store I've been to. I'd say there are close to 20 bays with craft beer - more 22's than BevMo has. I spent about an hour just looking and rolling before I walked out with my Racer 5 and Firestone (yeah, I like what I like)

If you are in that area, it's Palm Springs Liquor on Palm Ave in La Mesa. Plan on being there a while :ban:

You should hit up Windmill Farms and K&B Wine Cellar in Del Cerro. Both are pretty close to you and have great selections. Windmill is cheap, too.

If you are looking for a really good pizza to have with your newly acquired beer, I recommend Milo's (6686 El Cajon Blvd). Traditional NY style!

Coming from the east coast, good pizza is hard to find out here. In six years I still haven't found anything that I absolutely love.

HOLY CRAP!! Just got back from Palm Springs Liquors and all I have to say is WOW. I did not expect the selection they had by the looks of the place as I was driving up. That is the best beer selection I've ever seen.

Gremlyn, I'm in Rancho San Diego, right at the end of the 94. When's the next get together?

Carn, For the selection they had the prices were really good. Usually places that have a decent selection are expensive as hell. Almost everything was kept cold, for the most part bottles that were out were big beers that shouldn't really have a problem being out like that. When I say the ones that were "out" I mean the ones that they had on display on every bit of available horizontal space. This place was busting at the seams

Back