If only one beer....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowelldw

Reaction score
Was just out cooking a beer can chicken on the grill. Pretending it was a fine art!! LOL

And was having a couple of beers thinking what I wanted to brew next. And I though if I could only drink 1 kind of beer, what would it be???

I searched for a topic like this but did not find one....if I missed it please direct me to it.

For me I .....I just started drinking a recently brewed Kolsch and maybe that may be my choice if I could only drink 1 beer for the rest of my life. BUT...I sure would miss a good stout and a pale ale!!!!!!!!!!

Rochefort 10. don't judge me. crap... Westmalle Dubbel? flocc it. I'm taking over Belgium. that's the beer. all Belgian. then I'll rise up and take over the world. then your beer will be my beer!

I'm torn between an IPA and a stout. I love tons of flavor!

But I love an ESB, an American pale, a brown, or a porter. Ummm, I guess it almost doesn't matter for me as I really enjoy beer.

If we're talking commercial, I would be satisfied with Samichlaus the most, but Rochefort 10 or Unibroue Terrible would more than do. Hell, even SN's Ovila plum or Evil Twin's Lil B would do. Anything in the 9+% range that has been treated well and properly aged appeals to me except overhopped american barleywines. I like the high gravity stuff on the sweeter side.

If we're talking homebrew, I have 2 recipes that would both suffice. One is a belgian quad and the other is a barleywine.

Love those esters!!

Either Rochefort 8 or if I wanted to keep it simple, a really good German lager, yellow or brown, does not matter.

I'd have to go with an APA, that way I can still fluctuate between "hoppy" and "not so hoppy". I would have gone with IPA but then you just always have hoppy and eventually it just wouldn't taste as hoppy, and that would just be sad...

Back