If only one beer glass...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t_met

Reaction score
I've decided it's time to take the next step in beer glasses. I'm retiring all of my various "pint" glasses with breweries and think it's time that I get a set of glassware that is can be used for beer and nonbeer (think kid's juice)

To be honest, the typical "pint" glass isn't an ideal beer glass. I find it sucks with aroma.

If you were going to outfit your kitchen/bar with one and only one style glassware, what would you choice? The pilsner? British imperial pint? Stange? Snifter?

That Sam Adams glass is my go-to. Problem is, I can't get it without the Sam Adams livery on it, or else I'd have a dozen.

attachment.php

That. Nice glass for water, juice or beer.

I use stemmed tulip glasses for 12 ozs bottles (think Duvel style glass), and 32 ozs stemmed Pinot glasses for Bombers and the like.

I like imperial pints for general use, but I'd have to have some tulips/snifters on hand as well.

spiegelau tulip glasses. About $20 for 2 but well worth it.

Braufessor said:
A glass that can be used for anything????

I have a half dozen of these among many other glasses, and I reach for them often - this is a nice style and could be used for lots of other beverages too.
http://splendids.com/bar-pub-c-199/21-5-oz-willi-becher-pub-glass-beer-glass-p-18?gclid=CN3LtP68lLYCFZFaMgodX00AKg

Those have been on my "buy" list for quite a while. Hard to convince the boss we need MORE beer glasses, though. For now I like this "skinny" nonic from Avery, love the half pints as well.

image-3593146929.jpg

I have the Libbey 6-piece variety pack (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006PKHD9U/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20) that I got as a gift from my lady wife. At first I mostly used the tulip and the nonic, but I find myself drifting more toward the Pilsner glass. Never drink pilsners, but I think it's quite attractive and I like the way it "shotguns" aroma into my nose. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a new-style Boulevard Smokestack glass that I didn't know I had.

Hooray for moving! But seriously, I am looking forward to drinking out of that glass in a few days.

I love my various stem/tulip glasses. I use them more than my pint glasses, and my pints are regulated mostly to water and soda use. Still love all my glasses, but tulip ones win out above all.

Back