Idiot Math

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodeRage

Death by Magumba!
Reaction score
Saturday I was out in the yard working all day on the hop garden and a few other things. I got back in and I was tired but the wife wanted to goto Sams Club and pick up a few things. I thought this would be a good time to get some Apple Juice for Apfelwine. From what I read I did myself a favor and planned for a 10 gal batch. They dont sell apple juice around here by the gallon, usually 3 Qt Bottles. So I figured for 40 Qts I needed 14 bottles.

I get to the store and for some stupid reason I thought 'okay I need to double my regular batch size' and bought 80 Qts!:drunk: I didnt realize my mistake till after I poured the 5th bottle of apple juice and had a nearly full bucket.

So anyways, I got 20 gallons of apfelwine bubbling away in the ferementers.

BuffaloSabresBrewer said:
you say that like its a bad thing

It's not, just felt like a dumb arse. The one bad thing is my fermenting chamber is full, so no brewing for at least a month. That and you can smell the rhino farts clear across the house when I open it.

Virtuous said:
It's not, just felt like a dumb arse. The one bad thing is my fermenting chamber is full, so no brewing for at least a month. That and you can smell the rhino farts clear across the house when I open it.
You made my day with the laugh I had at your expense. :p

it would be idiot math to have half a batch of juice versus twice as much!

Sounds like genius math. :)

And, I just ferment the stuff at room temperature. That's worked quite well and can free up that chamber (cuz you need more yeast working right now, don't you?).

TL

TexLaw said:
Sounds like genius math. :)

And, I just ferment the stuff at room temperature. That's worked quite well and can free up that chamber (cuz you need more yeast working right now, don't you?).

TL

I may do that in a week or two when the bulk of the sugar has been converted. That and when the Rhino farts subside... Round this time of year my house can get into the low 80s during the day.

Back