ideas for testing my efficiency

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Righlander

Reaction score
moving from 5g batches to 10g. i'm used to using my igloo cooler for doing my mash with my 5g setup. my new setup is a 3 tier gravity fed system with 15g pots and burners under each one. so, i'll be using a 15g pot with a false bottom to do my mash for 10g batches. how can i get an idea of what my efficiency is going to be? i don't want to screw up a whole 10g batch by under-shooting, or over-shooting my efficiency :confused:

If you stick to the same water/grain ratio, your efficiency will be very close to what you were getting with your 5 gal. batches. Good luck!:mug:

The big change is the dead space, so you should measure that in advance.

Dude, it's only beer...even if you screw up, you'll still get beer. Just assume your first few batches are tests and see what happens.

Denny said:
Dude, it's only beer...even if you screw up, you'll still get beer. Just assume your first few batches are tests and see what happens.

Well it's for a brew pub so I don't really want to scratch a batch. Guess ill just have to go for a forgiving style

Back