Ideas for gluten free label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrugCoder

Reaction score
A buddy of mine was just diagnosed with Celiac's disease. For his birthday in April, I'm brewing him a gluten free beer. I'm just looking for some good names for gluten free beers. Since they don't really fit into any normal beer categories, I'm kinda stuck. Looking at the recipe it sounds like it might have a reddish color to it in the end due to some dark candi sugar.

A lot of gluten free stuff uses "Silly Yak" in names and references, so I thought about possibly doing something with that. I haven't found any good yak photos or toons that I like the looks of for a label.

suggestions?

How about "Sans Gluten Brewery" or something similar?

Or a wheat grain head with the diagonal slash through it for a symbol?

Edit: for a bit of rhyming: Sans Gluten Brewin'

I have no idea right now but I'm in the same boat. After we brew this Stout I'm going to brew a Gluten-Free recipe for my sister. I'm working on my own recipe but I'm still new to everything. There aren't many GF recipes so it can't hurt to try something. But yea when I do more thinking I'll post some ideas and eventually my label when I get it done and you can use whatever you like if you don't have yours done by then. Good luck.

I've never had cause to brew GF beers, but it sounds like a most noble pursuit!

Maybe try a Belgian GF beer because the yeast imparts so much of the flavor that maybe you could do interesting things... A good dose of candy sugar to put the ABV through the roof perhaps... or a fruit beer.

An amply dry-hopped IPA might also be good, focusing more on the fresh flavors of citrusy and delicious hops such as Cascade, Amarillo, etc...

A chocolate beer might also be interesting... get some Cocoa nibs (nubs? what are they called?)

I dunno... just a few thoughts I had rummaging in my head.... Best of luck to you!

I was thinking about incorporating some Sorghum and maybe hops into the label. I'll see what I can throw together within the next week. I have a lot of Calculus to do in the next couple days.

Thanks for the ideas Sir Humpsalot. I'm going to try a simple Pale Ale first, but quite possibly something like what you said next.

Now that's one silly yak.

I think that would look good on a bottle with
the patterns and colors. Very non-standard
as far as a label goes.

Fits with the non standard beer methinks

My mom and brother both have celiacs. Here's a label I use for their beers when i make them. I printed them on a laser printer, then used the milk technique to stick them to the bottles. It works great!
sorghumsalvationcopyzr7.jpg

img3019ae5.jpg

Back