Icemaster Max 4 to Anvil Cooling system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Kark

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I received my Icemaster Max 4 and finally trying to set it up to work with my Anvil Brew Bucket cooling system. The issue I am having it the hose size going into the Icemaster max 4 is 3/8" and the hose going onto the Anvil Cooling system is 3/16" roughly. I tried a coupler from home depot John Guest PP221212WD as it with the only one I could find that would take both hoses, but it leaks immediately out of the quick disconnect end with the smaller hose. Not sure if there is a connector that will work with these 2 hoses to allow me to put the glycol through (just using water right now to test) or do I run the same 3/8" all the way to the smaller Anvil posts and just clamp the heck out of them? Any help would be much appreciated.

easttex

Reaction score
So, basically, you need to go from 3/8" tube to 3/16" and back to complete the circuit?

Try a 3/16x3/8 barb reducer:

*Doesn't have to be that fitting but something like it will work.

-Or- something I did with my immersion chiller: try a mechanical compression adapter. You would attach the compression side to your Spike coil and the male iron pipe thread (MIP) side to whatever barb/quick disconnect/etc. you want to use to go back to the chiller.

If you want to go this route though, call your local plumbing supply house(s) and see if they have these available from a supplier like BrassCraft. A plumbing supply house might be able to offer a better price than Home Despot.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kark

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks @easttex I just couldn't figure out what it was called! Home Depot guy didn't seem to know either.