ICEMASTER MAX 2

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

WESBREW

Reaction score
The Brewbuilt Icemaster Max2 Glycol Chiller has been on pre-order for a while now. I ordered mine in April and its been sitting somewhere since May. I talked with Morebeer earlier this week, they said they were expecting the units to arrive in their facility first week of August and would be shipping out soon. Today, I got a shipping notification!
this might just be the pre-orders, Not sure if they will have inventory

*website now says "in stock" so probably get shipped right after pre-orders.

Last edited:

BrewGinner

Reaction score
@WESBREW I’m very interested in hearing your thoughts of this once you’ve had a chance to checking things out. I just discovered this unit over the weekend, and it seems to hit all my requirements at a somewhat lower price point.

OP
WESBREW

WESBREW

Reaction score
@WESBREW I’m very interested in hearing your thoughts of this once you’ve had a chance to checking things out. I just discovered this unit over the weekend, and it seems to hit all my requirements at a somewhat lower price point.
Thats the conclusion I came to. I can't imagine needing any more than this.

BrewGinner

Reaction score
It was either this of the Stasis, but I haven’t seen the greatest reviews on the Stasis. Unfortunately, the Max 2 is a bit too new to see any reviews. Hopefully this works out for you.

OP
WESBREW

WESBREW

Reaction score
It was either this of the Stasis, but I haven’t seen the greatest reviews on the Stasis. Unfortunately, the Max 2 is a bit too new to see any reviews. Hopefully this works out for you.
I almost ordered that one but bailed out. Lucky for me. Shortly after the reviews came in that its noisy, not cooling to advertised temps and runs constantly. then we heard it only had a .75 gallon reservoir? no wonder it runs all the time. Not to say it doesn't work but thats not great. I think max 2 is 4.5 gallons and same internals as the 4. delivery got pushed back to Monday. Wanted to get a test run on a tank of water over weekend

Last edited:

Bent-Brewer

Reaction score
According to KegLand, the Icemaster G20 (looks to be the exact same as the Max 2) uses the same internals as the Icemaster 100. So while it is new, I think the only significant differences are the smaller reservoir volume, smaller enclosure, and added pumps. Just ordered one and it should be coming in a couple days.