ice fishing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlatcapBrew

Reaction score
I dont brew as much in the winter because i spend the little free time i have on the ice.
Im sitting in my shack now reading hbt and catchin some crappies. Any one else into s little hard water fishing? i would post some pics but its a pain in the butt to post from my phone. Post some pics if you got them!

Just got another as i was typing this!

I used to ice fish with my grandpa in MI as a kid. I don't think we ever surfed the web while we were fishing.

Or, should I say while we were freezing and staring at our little poles and lines in the auger hole. Didn't catch much fish really. Ice fishing is for really hard core fisherman I think. I'd love to do it again. Not much of it down here in FL.

I went out this morning and caught a few perch. I've been out 3 times this year. I really missed it, last year we could'nt go due to a lack of ice. Very rare in South Dakota.

Not a lot of chances here but I did have a friend take me once in PA. Didn't get a bite except on my fingers and toes so we went home. He went again the next day to a different spot and caught some nice trout, WTH.

I hate ice fishing and the idea of ice fishing. I hate the cold, snow, and ice. but if you enjoy it, you can have my share of the fish.

Back