I want to run two cornies from 1 regulator..?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdf191

Reaction score
I have a regular dual guage regulater which at the moment has one corny running off of it. I am hoping to run 2 cornies off the regulator but I have a few questions.

I am looking at getting this... http://www.brewersdiscount.com/item102531.ctlg , which is a Wye 1/4 Mpt x 1/4 FPT, with shut off with check valves and barbed 1/4". Is this what I need? Will I simply unscrew my single barbed shut of valve from the regulator and screw this y split set up in?

If this is what I need then will I still run at the same psi when carbing and serving two kegs at the same time? OR will i have to double the psi or something like that?

mdf191 said:
wild said:
When I graduated from one to two kegs, I used this:
http://www.brewersdiscount.com/item5036.ctlg

Thats all i need...is that barbed T? I dont need to get the dual y valved set up...

Where does the t fit into the whole set up, what does it attach to? I am sure im not seeing something obvious

I have a bulkhead that brings the C02 hose into my fridge. Just get the hose in the fridge somehow and T it. Put a hose on each side of the T and attach a C02 Disconnect to each one. It's REALLY easy.

Or make one of these and you can have 4 cornies at the same time :D
3764-DSC00276.JPG

I did EXACTLY that from brewersdiscount. Has worked flawlessly. Just make sure you do a really good leak test before you "set and forget" it.

mdf191 said:
Thats all i need...is that barbed T? I dont need to get the dual y valved set up...

Where does the t fit into the whole set up, what does it attach to? I am sure im not seeing something obvious
http://www.brewersdiscount.com/item5036.ctlg
Looking at the picture in the link:
Imagine your CO2 input line attached to the bottom of the T
Now imagine one CO2 line attached to the left barb of the T and goes to keg #1.
Now imagine the other CO2 line attached to the right barb of the T and goes to keg #2.
When you turn on the CO2 via the regulator, both kegs are pressurized.
Done.

What about grabbing an inline regulator as well, you can get semi-decent ones here in NZ for $30 - 40 (you guys in the states would probably pay around 15USD)?

That way you can run two different pressures.

Sorry I didn't answer your original questions haha...just a thought.

The ONLY thing I don't like about this setup is that when you float the keg, there is still a lot of CO2 in the keg itself and the line. Since these shut off valves have check valves in them, you can't turn off the regulator and then use the empty kegs gas to power the working keg, so you waste some CO2 gas.

I suggest you get somehting that you can shut off individual cornies. I "rapid charge" my kegs (30PSI for 48 hours) but like to keep my other charged kegs at around 10PSI.

I just shut off those valves, crank it...charge the keg, then set back down to 10 and open the valves again.

You should also invest a few ($4) in some check valves to prevent gas from going backwards:

BackFlow2.JPG

BackFlow.JPG

+1, for having the option to shut-off gas to any one of your gas lines, rather than pulling the QD's.

You can do without, but moving a lever is just way nicer.

People can have a tendency to leave the faucet open a tad, and not realize it , if the keg is dead and not yet swapped out, and thus draining your gas bottle. You may not do this, but someone who comes over and has a few.... will.

Guess how I know?

When a keg dies, as soon as you know, shut off the gas valve to it, and all is safe.

Back