I want to make a wheat or light ale brew with fruit...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordonwes

Reaction score
:mug:Me and a buddy of mine brew 5 gallon batches and usually end up drinking it with all our friends. We're taking a trip in August to south texas to float on a river and I want to make a good summer brew with fruit. I was thinking of a watermelon light ale or wheat. Let me know your thoughts!

beer with fruit is awesome in my opinion...made a blackberry wheat beer a couple years ago that came out real good. more importantly though, how are you gonna carry the beer down the river?

perfect brew for your trip is Biermuncher's centennial blonde with strawberries. I made this last summer and it is excellent. Just follow the recipe, primary for 2 weeks or so and then rack over 4LBS of strawberries and leave in secondary for 2-3 weeks. You end up with a light beer that has just enough strawberry flavor at the end

I'm kegging it but not taking it on the actual river...just want to have the keg at the cabin...but that would be amazing if I could bring it on the river somehow haha.

Back