I want to create a recipe using what I already have

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hops4me

Reaction score
I have pale malt, munich malt, fresh (will pick while mashing) cascade hops, and fresh golding hops and white labs wpl 041 pacific coast yeast. I am looking for recipe ideas with these as the main ingrediants. ESB, IPA, strong ale? I am willing to add other hops or specialty grains.
Any sugestions?

need quantities. a lot of pale malt, some munich, you will probably need some crystal or specialty malst. then cascades and goldings at different intervals and a large starter of WLP041 for a strong ale.

So it sounds like you want to do a wet-hop.

Don't know what you need help with here though. I'd do 10 -20% munich, rest pale malt, and wet hop with cascade and goldings.

I have 50# of pale and 50# of munich and want to use them up as much as possible I want to use the wet hops as they are ready to pick. I also have wlp 840 american lager yeast on hand and may do a 5 gal and 10gal batch. I will be going to sf brewcraft to pick up a few specialty malts.
I really enjoy lots of hop aroma and flavor in my beer.

Back