I want a pint. Right now.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s 5 o’clock somewhere. Like, here!
E4E5C18A-4EA6-45F2-AED9-26ED64D17325.jpeg

Last night I wanted a pint of a DIPA I'd brewed for a recent competition. Decent enough beer, even if it's not my favorite. Judges thought it was "OK", but not good enough to advance to the mini-BOS. So I wanted to 'validate' their critique.

"Too malty"? Hhmm. Maybe a little though the 95.0 IBUs should balance the 8.5% ABV. Better try another pint to verify. Well. Just as I suspected. Nothing wrong with this beer. And to prove it, I think I'll have another.

Yep. That's a damn fine brew. Stupid judges. Screw them! Just one more before bedtime. Ahhhhh. Nice! I'll sleep well tonight.

And I DID sleep quite soundly. Sadly, it's now the morning after, and I wish I was still asleep. 😵

Apparently it is that time of the day again... pint o'clock!

But it is also not even 1 pm........ I miss Britain a bit, pub lunch always included one or two pints and no weird looks from your boss sitting next to you, because he is already having his third!

Just kicked a keg of APA last night, and now there's room for the Modelo Especial clone that has been lagering for four weeks. It's for a friend who chooses ME as their go-to beer. I've never had one, but they gave me a bottle to compare to.

Haven't even tasted a sample of it anywhere along the process (unusual for me), and I'm dying to see how it turned out. But it's only 0830...

It's after 6PM, the kids are at a sleepover, wife is at work, I'm working from home reviewing documents and blasting heavy metal. Time for a pint of pale ale.

Finally I got myself a pint of my last brew..... full of fusels.... headache madness included, what a shame. Note to myself, never ever let A 09 pub rise on it's own at room temperature with an og above 1.04. Dumper batch......... I made myself a steifer Grog to compensate for it. Works pretty well.

To be honest the thing I miss most about kegging is getting a proper pint.

That being said, I can get Ayinger for $4.00 Per pint bottle and that's basically a pint bottle and free beer with it!

Beer is so fun especially when you get to experience it too young, then just right, then I'm out almost always... I rarely experience beer that's "old".

Finally I got myself a pint of my last brew..... full of fusels.... headache madness included, what a shame. Note to myself, never ever let A 09 pub rise on it's own at room temperature with an og above 1.04. Dumper batch......... I made myself a steifer Grog to compensate for it. Works pretty well.
Pretty happy to say that the headache wasn't beer related at all. Yesterday evening, for science reasons of course, I had two pints of that beer again and today I'm totally fine.

It still needs some aging to take the edges off, but it is not fusel madness like the brew with angel c36.

And now back to topic, I actually don't want a pint right now although it is already 11:30 am. Am I maybe sick? Should I go see a doctor?

I actually don't want a pint right now although it is already 11:30 am. Am I maybe sick? Should I go see a doctor?

Don't tell me you joined AA and caught a disease! don't give it to me! edit that post and cover it up with a strike through so i don't have to look at it! ;) :mug:

(mask mandate and all)

Back