I think i got a good deal.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mximus11

Reaction score
So I know someone who used to brew, he said I could buy some stuff from him, cause it was in the way. I got a new hydrometer, lots of books and magazines, four 5 gallon carboys, one 6 gallon carboy, 8 cornie kegs, a full cylinder of co2 with regulator, 4 picnic taps, a 15 gallon brew pot with welded sigot and false bottom. All this, for $100 dollars. Finally I got a deal! I always read about all the cool stuff people get, so it was finally my turn! Time to brew!!!!

good deal, nah. You could sell everything you got on craigslist, replace it with brand new, and still come out on top. that's an awesome deal!

Why would anyone with that much gear ever stop brewing in the first place? The only thing a brewer should be getting rid of because it's "in the way" is beer. To his mates. This guy must have had his old lady hold a gun to his back or something.

And +1 what turtle said, you could resell everything you've listed, get all that brand new and still have $ left over for a grocery list. Congrats on your good fortune!

Wow. $100 just for a few of the cornies would be a steal. Or for the carboys. Sheesh.

How come I never fall into situations like this?!@??

That is an amazing deal. I'm jealous, my boss is trying to get in contact with his friend who used to brew and see if he'll sell his stuff. So hopefully I can get a deal half as good as yours lol.

Back