I think i cured my infected IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCarnie

Reaction score
So the result from this thread, https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f163/carboy-exploded-while-i-work-205061/ caused my batch to have that astringent sour bitterness that makes your tongue feel like your drinking paint remover. (because i wasn't home to sanitize the bungs and tubing for the blow-off tube, I think.) So i kegged it anyways, and added 1.5oz of med toast American oak chips, and 2 oz of whole leaf amarillo. So it is only about a week since kegging this and it is carbed pretty good and the bad taste is almost completely gone.

BTW I tried it the other day after it was carbed slightly and it was still bad. Only a little bit more time and the hops and oak are saving this beer.:ban:
---Also i know it green, and don't really care, i can't brew fast enough to keep up with me and all the other people who drink it.:mug:

You and your Greenville friends drinking green beer because you can't brew it fast enough.

Jokes don't work when you have to explain them. That's why there aren't alot of comedians coming through Greenville.

Back