I spend WAY to F'n Much Money

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsquared

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Why does it seem that all I do is spend money...I guess I have too many things i like to do. my latest purchase 2008 Lib technologies TRS Magnatraction 159cm...I cant wait! I just hope it snows this year!

No to mention the Motorcycles and the damm beer brewing....

Cool! A 2008 Lib technologies TRS Magnatraction 159cm!

What is it? LOL

I did too for a while. Wife's in the army so we've had free rent and utilities for a while. We couldn't stop spending. We just realized we need to start saving.

... when the money's there, it's just too easy to spend.

Do you guys have good snow up there? Around here, this last storm was way too warm and we didn't get jack in the mountains aside from rain....

I'm in San Diego now, so I have to drive 7hr's to Mammoth, where I have a Season pass, and have had one for the last five years...BUT the snow is good and consistent, except last year...and this year.,I grew up in Nor-cal with the California concrete so I can ride any thing, But I try to go to Canada at least once a year to get some good pow pow in.

I'm stokes on the new Lib tech though!

I hear ya on spending money while you gots it.

I ended up with a grand in holiday bonuses. $650 + is already gone to the new keezer! :drunk:

Only getting older and more dead. Might as well have fun while you got the $$$.

Ó Flannagáin said:
Haven't been snowboarding in a couple years. I miss it!
Me too after I destroyed my collarbone. When I start itchin for another year off work, I know where I'm heading. heh heh

I will be snowboarding in Austria (Soelden) this year :ban: :tank: :ban:

Tell me about how to spend a lot of money.... :drunk:

Hobbies cost money. Just don't live beyond your means. CC debt really suxxorz. I pay mine off every single month. I take a big chunk of my paycheck and automatically send it to my IRA. I also take a few bucks twice a month and automatically transfer it from my checking to savings. Since it's all automated, I don't have to think about it. It's nice to see the numbers on my IRA keep getting bigger and bigger.

Sometimes, sh*t happens, too. I'm a very healthy guy, hadn't been to the doc in years. Then while we're on vacation in cape cod in july, my arm swells up like crazy, out of the blue. We go to the ER and they tell us its an infection. Long story short, a couple ER visits later I owe these bastards damn near 2k, because my health insurance at the time was retarded. So I've had to take it easy on the spending for the hobby lately. But that's just what you have to do. Live within your means and save some for the future.

Thankfully I have my wife. That woman can make a buffalo nickel fart twice. All the bills get paid, money gets saved for vacations, kids birthday presents, Christmas gifts, etc etc. and I never have to mess with it.

The only debt that we have is the mortgage and the lease on my vehicle. Of course to make this all work I get a pathetic pittance to spend on things that *I* want compared to my salary, but it's all worth it in the end. I still have enough to buy my brew toys and play poker online and that's good enough for me.

Bsquared said:
I'm in San Diego now, so I have to drive 7hr's to Mammoth, where I have a Season pass, and have had one for the last five years...BUT the snow is good and consistent, except last year...and this year.,I grew up in Nor-cal with the California concrete so I can ride any thing, But I try to go to Canada at least once a year to get some good pow pow in.

I'm stokes on the new Lib tech though!

Good thing you posted that because the idea of someone from San Diego needing a snowboard was making my brain hurt.

When I lived out in Washington I started saving up for a new board, when i had enough money i got an Option Freeplus, that was in '04 in the off season, then i moved to indiana............I have used it once on a really crappy run they call a ski slope out here. I get really depressed every winter when i see it just sitting there in its case. I can't bring myself to get rid of it because i know that i will get to use it soon enough. I also bought Technine bindings at the same time.

Have fun riding out there, maybe i can talk SWMBO into letting me go riding in feb when we got to Seattle.

Cheers

Yeah, I hear that....

$600 Snowbird Pass, $400 Marker Duke bindings, $400 Full Tilt BB Pro boots, $500 Rossignol Bandit B-Squad 189cm, $550 K2 Hellbent 189cm.

riiiight....and somehow new outerware needs to go in there too. Less the pass, I guess you could divide the gear cost by 2 because I can usually get more than a season out of it.

Back