I Said Better Bottles!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloSabresBrewer

Reaction score
So Ive been trying to get my LHBS to get some new items. Most specifically Better Bottles. I stop in to see if they have anything new and I see Better Bottles! I move in and take a closer look and they are not brand name BBs. They must have gotten an off brand. So I flip one over and it is a number seven bottle.
Cheap ********.

Do they know the difference? When I was at my HBS he had better bottles but he also sold 5 gallons of water in a bottle. We got into a discussion about them and I showed him the difference. He got all excited because now he could justify the price of the BBs.

The owner of the shop owns a chain of liquor stores and this store is not his main concern. Im gonna talk to the manager tomorrow even though I know it wont help.

Not to switch topics on you, but what number are you looking for and why? I see the 5 gallon jugs of water and I look at the numbers and see ones and fives sometimes. I assume you can use a certain number for a secondary maybe but why a certain number? Thanks Main I went a little off topic on you sorry.

Go to Home Depot and get a water bottle = number 1 PETE
Just picked one up for the brew session tomorrow.

Back