I really think I have a problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
I know that I have said this before, but damn... If it wasnt reaffirmed once again today. I am really infatuated with beer, and brewing as well. Of course I have ranted about the different smells of brewday and how wonderous they are, and how I love my beer in so many fascets when I drink it, and how pained I am when the keg is kicked. Yes, Im sure that we all feel this way when it happens to us, but do you really FEEL IT?

2 things happened today that really made me think I have a problem.

1. I was bleeding the excess CO2 from my kegs to clean them. I set them up on the counter so I could have my nose right next to the bleeder valve so that I could inhale the aroma of my beers passed one last time. (I did this for 2 seperate kegs)
2. This is the part that almost disturbs me the most - My urine smelled like hops today. I was taking a leak at work and it smelled like I opened up a bag of hops.

People at work were disturbed hearing this, but I assured them that having to smell it and yearn for a nice tall glass of malty/hoppy goodness was what disturbed me.
Luckily for me, a buddy of mine had an Arrogant Bastard they gave me. Im enjoying it now.
Yum
-Me

Well you missed the thread where we were talking about hopsmell in our pee. You you are really no abnormal than the rest of us nutcases here, so get over it. :D

Damn it.. And I thought I was alone. Thank goodness!
Can we spoon?
-Me

:off:

I couldn't find the thread about hops smelling pee...didja know that you can't search for the word Pee in a post? Damn three letter search rule.

But yeah, do a bunch of Ipas and imperial ipas and hold it in for as long as you can.....talk about heaven at the urinal. You almost wonder if it tastes as good as it smells. :D

Wasn't it the thread about asparagus pee??

I have not noticed it happening to me yet, but I'll have to drink some IIPAs and see if I can make it happen!

And yeah, I never really felt bad about a keg kicking, because by the time 5 gallons is gone, I'm ready for something new. Except this last time, because the only thing I had on tap was my Belgian Wit, which is good, but now that autumn is upon us, I am in the mood for something more substantial. And wouldn't you know it? I didn't plan ahead and brew anything like that. Well, the Belgian Pale is going to have to suffice I guess.

See, my problem is I never have a steady pipeline. My pipeline is up the street at the Kroger, or something in the primary that I have been "saving bottles" for, or "just about to be kegged and aged" or bandaid flavored for a little while.

I need to get a steady pipeline of ONE STYLE that I brew in bulk while I am toying around with other recipes. That way I can stay satisfied while I play around...
I need more equipment...
-Me

I like that discussing dead hookers is OK, but if you mention a still it gets shutdown. What's that say about our country?

Back