I Really am Snob

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Is it an autumnal mead?"

;)
I am not sure if I should go there, I will have to go look up that mead Brew.It is a very basic mead, just honey and water and yeast.pick up for $20 per quart . from local farmers.

Yeah, no need to "go there".
It was a joke reference to the current Bud Lite campaign...

bud-knight.jpg

Cheers!

So, I took the train to my FIL's home yesterday, which means I'm back to starting my mornings out with Folgers instant coffee. This will be it for the next four days.

I'm helping him with some household chores and visiting with an attorney with him on this visit.

Only twice in my life (that I'm aware) did I have instant coffee that was good. I was a guest both times. When I'm home I grind the coffee right before brewing, and I have a manual grinder and stovetop drip pot available if the power goes out. I have percolators as well but the course grind needed seems like a waste. Yep I'm a coffee snob, but I'm also coffee dependent so if crappy coffee is the only thing that's available I'll have a cup then switch to tea. Seriously, some of my Midwestern in laws have brewed coffee weaker than I would make tea. :eek: :coff4:

Only twice in my life (that I'm aware) did I have instant coffee that was good. I was a guest both times. When I'm home I grind the coffee right before brewing, and I have a manual grinder and stovetop drip pot available if the power goes out. I have percolators as well but the course grind needed seems like a waste. Yep I'm a coffee snob, but I'm also coffee dependent so if crappy coffee is the only thing that's available I'll have a cup then switch to tea. Seriously, some of my Midwestern in laws have brewed coffee weaker than I would make tea. :eek: :coff4:

I also have a stovetop for power outages. Works great on propane camp stove or grill. Just because a hurricane wipes out the power for a week doesn't mean we have to live like savages!

Abraham Lincoln said, if this is coffee, bring me tea, and if its tea bring me coffee and if its coffee and i can see the bottom of the cup, watch out. He might not have originated this, but is attributed to him.

Coffee and chicory blends are great! Love it!

We keep getting these vendor branded coffees at work. Some are okay. Some are terrible. We've a morning blend now. More like mourning blend. I've to remember to bring in my own.

I freakin love chicory coffee, not sure what that says about me. I grew up around it and I have a taste for it that never goes away.

As for the K-cups, the cost breakdown is something like $30-50 bucks a pound, I cannot understand why they are so popular. You could make an entire pot, dump it all out except for one cup, and STILL come out cheaper.

I feel like a lot of the older generation had no other choices in coffee, like there are now.

Back