I proposed to her while brewing an American Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, dude! Congrats. Proposing while brewing....wish I'd have thought of that!:mug::mug::mug::mug::mug::mug::mug::mug::mug::mug:

somehow my picnic in the forest and handing my now-wife a gumball machine plastic ball with the ring inside and her thinking i was kidding seem so...normal. lol

congrats, ya hippie!

(fellow bearded long-hair)

Congrats! I wish I could have celebrated at Elsa's after my proposal. I have not had a Bad Juan in too long...and I am now craving a burrito.

Thanks everyone! Yeah, Elsa'a has some beasty burritos/drinks, I'm actually eating leftovers of a mini super right now...

Oh yeah and the beer's looking great, initial eruptive fermentation has ended and it'll probably end up getting bottled late next week.

cheers! just do a lot of smiling and nodding when she asks your opinion on various aspects of the wedding. enjoy!

Alright guys, bottled it last night, ended right where I wanted it to: 1.015

100_3528.JPG

Tastes great pre-carbed, can't wait to bring this some of this stuff to my APA-loving family in Florida in a couple of weeks. :tank: Color came out just how I wanted too!

Sorry to bump it but dig this:

100_3972.JPG

Taste: Biscuit, Crackery
Appearance: Thick head that dissipates into lacy foam, good clarity, light amber color
Smell: Fruity, Citrus (obvious Cascade aroma)
Mouthfeel: Creamy, but not too heavy. Definitely a session beer.
Finish: Caramel followed by slight citrus bitterness

I could go for a glass of that right about now...and where do you guys find these women that enjoy brewing beer?!

Congrats! :mug:

I took a look at the pics...are you crimping your nuts in one of them?

Man, capping is so easy...I line up like 5 of them in a straight line (going away from me) about 4 inches apart and place a cap on each bottle. Then I place the capper on the cap and cap one right after the other non-stop.

The trick is to slowly apply even pressure with both hands straight down until the handles stop. Don't apply over pressure. That's just going to break a handle off. I've had my capper since 1994. ;)

I would never hold a bottle between my legs. That's just plain crazy. ;)

Congrats! :mug:

I took a look at the pics...are you crimping your nuts in one of them?

Man, capping is so easy...I line up like 5 of them in a straight line (going away from me) about 4 inches apart and place a cap on each bottle. Then I place the capper on the cap and cap one right after the other non-stop.

The trick is to slowly apply even pressure with both hands straight down until the handles stop. Don't apply over pressure. That's just going to break a handle off. I've had my capper since 1994. ;)

I would never hold a bottle between my legs. That's just plain crazy. ;)

Yeah we have a small space so sometimes it's on the floor, sometimes it's between legs. I sure as hell don't want crimped nuts! Pretty careful about it though.

Homebrew only...you better get some more fermenters lined up :tank:

Planning on it, we're going to be going pro here soon so we have to anyway. Got the business license yesterday, NESTOK BREWING COMPANY is official!

Hectic times. Business planning, wedding planning, applying for a new part time job...cripes. Gotta Love it.

Oh yeah, and I realize this is completely:off: so we should try to get it back on...I guess.

100_3533.JPG

O.O

Congrats, man. I got married in Allegany State Park and it was great. I didn't brew back then (and was underage, too) or else I'd have run into the pipeline issue too.

Latest posts

Back