i pod

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeM

Reaction score
I have an i pod classic. It is pretty old. When I listen to music it sounds normal in one earphone and very faint in the other. I recently purchased new earphones and have the same problem. Is is possible that there is an equalizer setting that can be manipulated to fix this or does it sound like it's just trashed?
Thanks,
Mike

Sounds like there's a problem with your headphone jack in the iPod. Have you tried blowing some compressed air in there, or even dabbing the inside with a small q-tip soaked in alcohol?

I don't know how much those cost, but repairs to iPods are never as bad as you think they'll be. That's assuming you can even replace just the jack without replacing the whole logic board. If it's old enough, you may just want to grab a new one.

Check out iFixit.com . They have full tutorials and can give you a good idea of what it would cost to buy the parts.

Edit: And as far as equalizer, nope. As far as I know you can't deal with panning and such.

Back