I need your advice today, please!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brontecider

Reaction score
Hello,
I have some cider that is finished fermenting and is very dry with a higher alcohol concentration, roughly 10-12 percent. It has been cold crashing for over a week and I want to get it bottled this weekend. I have roughly 5 gal of it. I want to back sweeten and carbonate. I am a scientist and will observe and pasteruize once ready. I will be bottling into 500ml plastic screwcap bottles that can handle pasteurization. I want to cut the alcohol level down by sweetening with applejuice or concentrate+water and carbonate. Unfortunately I did not stop the fermentation earlier and now I need to fix it.

Is there a sg reading that I can take when I am sweeting that will result in a sweeter cider with good carbonation?

I will watch the bottles like a hawk when they are carbonating. How long would the bottles take to carbonate at room temp, roughly?

THANK YOU SO MUCH! And I will post the results of what I did later. I appreciate your advice.

Back