Quantcast

I need to match a beer style with yeast

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

wildwest450

Banned
Reaction score
I couldn't tell you why I have this yeast, it's WLP007 Dry English Ale Yeast. I need to use it by the end of April. Any suggestions on a recipe or a style best suited for this strain??:drunk:

McKBrew

Reaction score
From the White Labs Website
White Labs

Also some reviews including beers it was used in. From what I see, this yeast would work well with any standard ale.

White Labs

BarleyWater

Reaction score
From the description, an English Barleywine or RIS seems like it may be the way to go.

StoutFan

Reaction score
I'm pulling for the IPA. From White Labs: "This eliminates the residual sweetness, and makes the yeast well suited for high gravity ales. It is also reaches terminal gravity quickly. 80% attenuation will be reached even with 10% ABV beers." Sounds like a great Imperial IPA yeast to me.

SumnerH

Reaction score
I'm pulling for the IPA. From White Labs: "This eliminates the residual sweetness, and makes the yeast well suited for high gravity ales. It is also reaches terminal gravity quickly. 80% attenuation will be reached even with 10% ABV beers." Sounds like a great Imperial IPA yeast to me.
Or better, a British IPA or British Barleywine. Don't fear the A-B and D-Z hops, people! A British yeast is the perfect time to make a British style. :mug:

Gordie

Reaction score
Why not something whacky like an Imperial ESB?

Go on... push that envelope... you know you want to...

StoutFan

Reaction score
Wow...Stoutfan voted for an IPA???? Methinks he needs to rethink his name, the traitor...:D

Actually an imperial IPA sounds interesting...

I have to blame my cousin for that, he's turning me into a hop-head [email protected] it! I love my darks, but from the WL description, it's calling for something big, maybe an Imperial IPA, it does not scream "dark" to me. I could be told and taught other wise though. :D

OP
W

wildwest450

Banned
Reaction score
Or better, a British IPA or British Barleywine. Don't fear the A-B and D-Z hops, people! A British yeast is the perfect time to make a British style. :mug:
Does anyone have a good British IPA recipe??

noisy123

Reaction score
Its it too late to suggest Yooper's arrogant bastard clone? I used WLP007 (rumor has it that its Stone's yeast) and its really close (and very tasty).

Latest posts