I need label software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coddington

Reaction score
I am looking for good label software. I want to be able to insert images and wrap around or stretch the lettering.

if you want the good stuff and got the cash
Photoshop
Illustrator
InDesign

othewrwise phtoshop elements
free trials of these programs

Gimp is a pretty good freeware if you're looking for something less expensive. Its pretty similiar to Photoshop in my opinion. But, I haven't tried to do anything really in depth with either software package. Good luck! :tank:

Neal

I tried Gimp and dind't like it. it's very basic. You can't manipulate the text. I use word and microsoft paint

GIMP is photo editing, right? Not really drawing program like illustrator. I've found it pretty full-featured, but difficult to figure out.

I've used Corel Photopaint (default image editing), powerpoint (or openoffice equivalent) for arranging.

Illustrator is probably one of the best for drawing.

Yeah Gimp is for photo editing just like photoshop (although alot of people use photoshop to create nowadays)...I have been using Photoshop ever since the 5.5 days, pretty much taught myself everything, I am nothing close to an artist, but i have learned enough tricks to make decent labels

I just started messing with Illustrator & Photoshop and I don't think there is anything you can't do. They're definitely not cheap, but maybe you know someone who can get you the student price. It will save you around 65%...

Back