I Need Help F.G. High

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlb1125

Reaction score
I Made A Happy Holiday Brew SG 1.064 After Eight days 1.044 Put in Secondary Fermenter waited 5 day still 1.044 put in dry yeast. Waited 5 more days 1.022. Then waited 12 days at 1.020. Haven't checked again yet their is still bubbles on top and airlock is still bubbling slowly. it has been like 35 days. FG should be 1.012-1.018. Has it been in ferminter too long?

Looks like you transferred to secondary before it was done, so it's finishing up very slowly. Looks like it's going down, so I'd say let it be until it creeps it's way down.

Has it declined in the last week or so? If not, that may be it. You might never hit your target, and you're not far off.

2 Questions:

1. What temperature were you fermenting & secondarying at?
2. How does it TASTE? This could be another case of the mysterious 1.020!

The temp was around 66-67.It Tastes Fine to me.I checked the gravity still at 1.020.Its Still Bubbling out the airlock about every 2 minutes.

1.020 is close enough in my book.

Re-pitching was a good move, since you racked way too early. Which dry yeast did you pitch?

Back