I need an exploded view of a IMI Cornelius regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeamusMac

Reaction score
Hey all,

I got a pretty sweet deal from a guy who posted on Kijiji (like Craigslist for those of you who don't know), which included 6 ball-lock kegs and a dual body regulator for $100 Canadian - sweet!

Anyways, the regulator needed some work so I replaced a few gauges and now I need to get inside it to clean out the beer that had backed up into it the last time it was used by the previous owner. Can anyone show me where to find a "guide to cleaning a CO2 regulator" or an exploded view of the components?

Thanks!

i had the same kind of problem here in that a reg i got free was fully incrusted in soda. the insides are simply a plate moved by the adjustment screw, a large washer/flapper attached to the underside of the plate and a spring to provide tension on the back of the plate. most rebuild kits are manufacturer specific and have those 3 pieces included.

i never did rebuild it since i couldn't find a reasonable price for one and i then found another secondary body for cheap($5us iirc) at scientific surplus.

Eriktlupus, I was able to get both regulator bodies disassembled to the point you've described. I cleaned out all the gunk but I figured there would be more to it? I found this diagram of a scuba regulator and I'm assuming that there is a spring and poppet in my regulator as well... Perhaps I simply can't get to those components?

RegulatorDiagram2.0.gif

Latest posts

Back