I need a recipe!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckbrew

Reaction score
Okay, I just started brewing again two months ago. I am three batches into it. I did a kit wheat that was decent but little watered down, a kolsch that is bottled and maturing and I am brewing as I write. I know that the guys (and gals) on this forum are the best so here is what I need for my next recipe.

O.G. 1.080 or above
IBU's 89.46 or above
SRM Bud light 2 or below
and no alcohol burn
What do you guys got???
I know you are the best I will be disappointed if no one responds.
Thanks in advance

oh yeah I have no ferm. temp control.
No lager ability and it has to be a partial boil because I only have a 5 gallon pot, so extract recipe would be awesome!!:rockin:

with that high of an OG, there is no way to get that low of a SRM unless your "beer" is almost all sugar.

with that high of an OG, there is no way to get that low of a SRM unless your "beer" is almost all sugar.

word:mug:

Really though, those numbers are just plain impossible. Even with the lightest base malt you will be at double or triple that SRM and without any crystal or heavily kilned malts your are probably gonna feel the burn.

What is the motivation for this beer? You want a high alcohol, very light colored beer with a high level of bitterness? or are you looking for a light colored IIPA?

Honestly I see guys here that come up with awesome recipes that blow my mind and thought that some of them would get a laugh out of this. I would still love to see one of the mad scientists on this sight try and come up with something like this. I really do appreciate the knowledge passed on by this sight.

You're not going to get your SRM that low, but you can still brew a "yellow" beer (SRM ~4). 95% pilsner malt extract, 5% table sugar. 60 minute boil. Bitter with warrior hops. Use around 6 ounces total of centennial, columbus and chinook hops in the last 15 minutes of the boil. Rehydrate and pitch 2 packets of US-05 yeast. Shake your fermentor like a madman before you pitch and again 18 hours later. Put your fermentor in a water-filled 15 gallon rope-handled plastic bucket for the duration of fermentation to keep the fermentation temps from swinging completely out of control. After a 3 week primary, dry hop for 5 days with a combination of 4 ounces of any of the above hops. Carbonate and drink.

It would be a better beer with around 10% crystal malt though.

Back