I need a recipe for this weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cimerian

Reaction score
I can't seem to think of a good recipe to brew up this coming Sat. Maybe someone can post one they have had good success with? I love an IPA. Also fond of a wheat. I've got an Ocktoberfest, A wheat, and a pale ale all fermenting atm if that helps. Looking for an AG recipe. Have Vienna, 2 row, pilsner, wheat, honey wheat, chocolate, aromatic, etc to build from. I just need a good recipe. I gotta do an ale as the lager chamber is in use.

Go grab a smack pack of Wyeast 1469-PC West Yorkshire yeast while it is available (not available after December) and make an English Brown with that two-row and chocolate malt. You might need some other caramel malts depending on what recipe you dig up on the internets.

OR

Grab some Wyeast 3655-PC Belgian Schelde Ale Yeast (also seasonal) and make a Belgian IPA with a combo of two-row, pilsner and vienna. The guy at my local homebrew store was telling me this yeast makes good Belgiany IPA's.

I second the malty brown ale angle. It's coming into cold season. You've got a malty beer in the Fest already, but it can't hurt to have a different malty beer on hand with some different characteristics.

2-row
Chocolate
Vienna
Crystal

72% 2-row
14% Vienna
7% Crystal
7% Chocolate

Mash medium temperature for OG ~1.040, bitter to ~20IBU, finish with something English. Ferment with a fresh English strain on the warm side for some fruity complexity. Should be ready within a couple of weeks.

Cheers!

Bob

I would suggest perhaps an amber.
73% 2 row
15% 60L
7% biscuit
4% oats
1% chocolate

american hops of choice to ~32 IBU's, I like some 5 minute additions.

I can't seem to think of a good recipe to brew up this coming Sat. Maybe someone can post one they have had good success with? I love an IPA. Also fond of a wheat. I've got an Ocktoberfest, A wheat, and a pale ale all fermenting atm if that helps. Looking for an AG recipe. Have Vienna, 2 row, pilsner, wheat, honey wheat, chocolate, aromatic, etc to build from. I just need a good recipe. I gotta do an ale as the lager chamber is in use.

When I get brewers block I go to "Brewing Classic Styles" by Zainasheff and Palmer. It's a must have book for every brewer. I've yet to be disappointed by any recipe in that book.

Unfortunately I don't have the book with me so I can't list the IPA recipe. Maybe someone else does. Pick up the book at an LHBS. You won't regret it.

Back