I love suprises

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dillonks1

Reaction score
Got home from work today to find a 13 cu. ft chest freezer my fiancee bought me from Lowes. Fermentation chamber! exciting.

I brewed a New castle clone on 12/29/2011. It started fermenting at 69F/70F. I know thats a bit high and may have produced some byproducts, do you think it will help to move it into the fermentation chamber at 64/65?

Thanks

That's a big fermentation chamber! Ferm temps depend on what ale yeast you're using. I've done some at 69 to attain certain tastes, others in the mid 60s, and some lower. Use the yeast manufacturer websites (just type in the yeast strain in google) and see what's recommended.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
couldn't hurt. :mug:

sounds like you picked yourself a winner, bro. being married to a beer lover/brewer/supporter of our great hobby is a real bonus in life! :rockin:

Haha thanks man. Definitely doesn't hurt.

theveganbrewer said:
That's a big fermentation chamber! Ferm temps depend on what ale yeast you're using. I've done some at 69 to attain certain tastes, others in the mid 60s, and some lower. Use the yeast manufacturer websites (just type in the yeast strain in google) and see what's recommended.

I will have to do that. I wanted a big one so I could store a lot of bottles also. It fits 5 carboy or 4 buckets comfortably

Back