i love my neighbors (notice the sarcasm)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monty73741

Reaction score
so i;m doing a project out side. I am building a small box around my A/c lines because The a/c was moved & the lines are seen, ugly, & my dogs step on them. So i;m using my power acutated nailer to shoot some boards into the concrete. Now this is about 7:30 at night. A neighbor calls the police telling them I;m shooting a shot gun in my back yard. I really hate my neighbors

Well if you use your nailer enough, and they call the cops enough, eventually the cops will stop coming and you can shoot your shotgun in the back yard.

Or you can just wait until about 2 am and let them know what a 12 gauge really sounds like.

They confused an air nailer with a shotgun. Maybe a .22 loaded with shot...idiots

In all fairness, perhaps they really did think you were discharging a firearm. Maybe SWMBO dumped your beer or something. I certainly wouldn't be the one to knock on your door and ask if you were having a having a meltdown. They might have been worried a round would come through their house. You should talk to them and you guys can have a good chuckle.

In all fairness, perhaps they really did think you were discharging a firearm. Maybe SWMBO dumped your beer or something. I certainly wouldn't be the one to knock on your door and ask if you were having a having a meltdown. They might have been worried a round would come through their house. You should talk to them and you guys can have a good chuckle.

that is the correct answer. ;)

the correct answer is never the easiest to do though. :D

Ah, I missed that it was a powder actuated nailer. My mistake.

Still, that uses basically .22 rounds...

My neighbors would probably come over with their guns to see what I was shooting at...

I've been in a similar situation and I live in what used to be the sticks. Now it's suburbia crawling with ignoramuses who have no idea what the difference is between a pneumatic nail gun and a .38 revolver! I was roofing my storage building last summer and some jackass actually stepped out of his house holding a baseball bat and proceeded to yell at me for scaring his family because he thought I was shooting a gun. I was REALLY tempted to give him a 1st hand demonstration of the not-so-subtle differences between the two. Idiot. Go back to whatever hole you crawled out of.

No joke, man, no joke.

He's even more of an idiot for coming out to confront someone he thought had a gun when his only weapon is a baseball bat. "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight." Uh...if you think it's a gun just hunker down and call the cops.

Or if you're like me and are young with too much testosterone you pop your .40 cal in your small-of-the-back holster, put your big dog on the leash, and investigate, much to the chagrin of your wife...

I hate people who move to the country and expect the city to follow. They just ruin everything.

My neighbor was all enthused when they moved in with a field next to their house and no other homes and the great views .....until summer when the cows and horses we out in the field . Man he put up as much stink as the cows told him to suck it up and get used to it.

No joke, man, no joke.

He's even more of an idiot for coming out to confront someone he thought had a gun when his only weapon is a baseball bat. "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight." Uh...if you think it's a gun just hunker down and call the cops.

Or if you're like me and are young with too much testosterone you pop your .40 cal in your small-of-the-back holster, put your big dog on the leash, and investigate, much to the chagrin of your wife...

I hate people who move to the country and expect the city to follow. They just ruin everything.

Ain't that the truth. They build developments in the middle of farmland and they all say how beautiful it is there. Should have seen it before you moved in!

You could have neighbors who call the EPA claiming you are spraying poison gas around (AKA fertilizing your crops).

You could have neighbors who call the EPA claiming you are spraying poison gas around (AKA fertilizing your crops).

I crop dust my living room all the time :D. My wife has threatened to call the EPA on occasion. Apparently a reuben sammich washed down with an IRS doesn't result in an agreeable aroma (north or south) but it's DAYUM tasty.

I have a nail gun that uses 44 auto-mag rounds.

Scares the living $hit out of my neighbors - surprised they never got used to it.

Fuggem - just trying to have a little fun after some homebrews.

They really get scared when I light a Christmas tree on fire in my back yard around around June.

CITIOTS HAHAHAHAHA

Oh that made my day.

And are you serious you have a nailgun that uses a .44 auto? Holy crap. I didn't know they made any over .22.

Next time you're using a power tool, and EVERY time you use any power tool, announce in a loud clear voice, perhaps with a bullhorn, "ATTENTION! I AM USING A POWER TOOL! NO FIREARMS ARE IN USE! REMAIN CALM! ALL IS WELL!"

I had a friend telling me about some of the "citiots" that moved into his neck of the woods. This guys first order of business now being in the country was to burn some leaves. He raked them into the ditch at the edge of a culvert, doused them in GASOLINE, then made his way back to the garage to get the matches. Needless to say, the culvert filled up with gasoline fumes by the time he returned. When he struck the match, the pile went off like a cannon blowing him onto his ass, scattering burning leaves all over the place, and gave him one of the closest "shaves" he had ever experienced!
Some people need to stay in the city if they are to survive....

man it makes me so glad that my neighbors are horses. boarding facility next door rocks! the fellow that runs it is cool and i can get all the fertilizer i need for free.

of course our friends said just wait till summer and you open your windows to that stink>:D

Brought up around guns my entire life where every gun in the house WAS loaded .... I know the difference between gunshots and nailguns.

I lived in North Hollywood for a while and one night I tell my wife and friend, that sounds like an exchange of gunfire. They denied it and said it sounds like fireworks...

Then the helicopters flew overhead along with police sirens.

Guess who was right.

haha

Back