I lose at photography, but win at life!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnevoodoo

Reaction score
I got this up and running today. The owner let it sit in his backyard and collect rain, and so I sort of had to clean it up and get the pilot light working, but it is all up and ready to go. My first 10 gallon batch is next weekend!

2dvu1di.jpg

<--- is jealous. :eek:

Clean the cobwebs out and get some beer flowing through that bad boy!

Next Sunday! I'm doing an APA based on the interview with Chuck Silva on his West Coast IPA. Just scaled down to APA levels. We'll see how it comes out, but I'm thinking it'll be a winner.

Who in their right mind would let something like that sit and rot in the yard????

Sweet score!

Watch that tippy dump!

I know a couple guys with that rig and they've both ripped the controller lead right out by forgetting to take it loose before dumping the draff.

Nice score btw. What'd it cost ya'?

Next thing you know you'll be looking to get the frame electrochromed. :p

Watch that tippy dump!

I know a couple guys with that rig and they've both ripped the controller lead right out by forgetting to take it loose before dumping the draff.

Nice score btw. What'd it cost ya'?

Next thing you know you'll be looking to get the frame electrochromed. :p

Cost? I'm borrowing it. So far it has cost me a hose clamp and about an hour of cleaning. I'm being very wary of the wires on it. They don't look like they'd handle too much stress, so I really look at what I am doing before I do it.

And the guy just never brews. He got it because he wanted to do it more, but he has a real job AND he owns a bar, so he's pretty busy.

That's a nicely built rig and there's no problem with your photo skills. You were shooting in very difficult lighting IMO.

Where in San Diego? I'm a former Leucadia resident. You guys QUAFF members maybe?

That's a nicely built rig and there's no problem with your photo skills. You were shooting in very difficult lighting IMO.

Where in San Diego? I'm a former Leucadia resident. You guys QUAFF members maybe?

Nope. I am an army of one over here. I have friends who brew and I talk to them when I need advice and we have enough fun talking about it. I just find that my personality doesn't always mesh with groups that are so arbitrarily set up. Sure, we all brew, but I'm obnoxious and a lot of people just get on my nerves. And there are some people in QUAFF that I've wanted to stab. A lot. But I've met nice ones to, so yeah.

Oh, and I live in South Park.

That is one hell of a set-up!!!! :rockin:

I'm so freakin' jealous of all of you bastards out there with bad ass rigs... :D

That is one hell of a set-up!!!! :rockin:

I'm so freakin' jealous of all of you bastards out there with bad ass rigs... :D

Well, there's a real good chance I will be giving this thing back eventually and then it'll be back to the cooler. I'll take it while I can though!

Cost? I'm borrowing it. So far it has cost me a hose clamp and about an hour of cleaning. I'm being very wary of the wires on it. They don't look like they'd handle too much stress, so I really look at what I am doing before I do it.

And the guy just never brews. He got it because he wanted to do it more, but he has a real job AND he owns a bar, so he's pretty busy.

Ahhhh. Was under the impression you bought it from the guy to resurect it to it's former life. They are good rigs to brew on. The one time I stepped in to assist a brew on a similar rig I was uncomfortable with the height to the MLT. Nowadays, they have a built in step.

The fellow I know that brews on one of those has 27 or 28 gallon pots. I have heard some war stories about maxing out that thing lemme tell ya'.

Is that a 2050 (20 gallon)? I hear the only downside on it is that you are stuck with 10 gallon minimum batches as otherwise the liquid doesn't reach the thermowells. So, you'd either be brewing manual or extract. Not a big deal, just an FYI. I suppose.

Have fun with it while it lasts.

Nope. I am an army of one over here. I have friends who brew and I talk to them when I need advice and we have enough fun talking about it. I just find that my personality doesn't always mesh with groups that are so arbitrarily set up. Sure, we all brew, but I'm obnoxious and a lot of people just get on my nerves. And there are some people in QUAFF that I've wanted to stab. A lot. But I've met nice ones to, so yeah.

Oh, and I live in South Park.

:mug: You and I sound like similar peas. We should get together and brew and piss each the $%$& off all day. :) No knives allowed though.

Is that a 2050 (20 gallon)? I hear the only downside on it is that you are stuck with 10 gallon minimum batches as otherwise the liquid doesn't reach the thermowells. So, you'd either be brewing manual or extract. Not a big deal, just an FYI. I suppose.

Have fun with it while it lasts.

It is the 10 gallon 1550. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing mostly 5 gallon batches, but I will also be throwing in some 10 gallon batches on easy to drink beers.

Back