I know ... ANOTHER one of THOSE threads..but

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fine. If you have the money and you're not particularly skilled as a welder you may want to think about having them add the ball valve IF you foresee yourself moving to a more involved brew setup in the future.

It's nice but knowing what I know now I wouldn't suggest buying anything that you couldn't make work for 10 gallon batches. It would be tight even trying to use it as a HLT for 10 gallon batches.

I say this not to burst your bubble, it's just that I have a 8-9 gallon stainless pot that I bought and do not use anymore. 10 gallons is an easy leap to make and if and when you do make that leap, you'll be very glad that you did. Prepare for it is all I can suggest.

yeah i donno. some people are fine with 5 gallons.

i wouldn't say 10g is endgame for everyone. or even mid-game for everyone. maybe.

yeah i donno. some people are fine with 5 gallons.

i wouldn't say 10g is endgame for everyone. or even mid-game for everyone. maybe.

Me too. I have beer ADD, as well as very limited storage space (our one closet is already jammed with all my brewing stuff). If anything I was considering going down to 3-gal batches.

Back