I just want to brew!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planker101

Reaction score
I finally have about 10% of the equipment I want... you know, MM2-Pro, 20 gallon pot brew stand, 2x chest freezers turned fermentation chambers, keggerator, 5x carboys and 1x keg fermenter, etc. all I need now is a temp controlled conex, 10 or so jacketed conicals, 30 tap keggerator, you get the point :p

Seriously though, I pretty much have my dream setup after years of saving and buying one thing at time and now I have no time to brew. It's so frustrating. I literally have 3x 12 gallon grain bills measured, bagged and labeled. Yeast and hops are in the fridge, fermentation chambers are waiting to be filled. Keggerator is running on empty (probably have 5-10 pints left at best) and I literally have 1-2 free days a month. (work a full time job, go to school, and own a small business).

All I want to do is brew and make brew stands (I used to sell brew stands). I know what would make me happy and just can't figure out how to pay the bills while doing it. So sad :(

Small business is a yoga studio (keeps the gf happy). However, I have seriously been considering ditching it so that I can do what I enjoy. Also thought about turning it into a home brew store (closest one to me is over an hour away), but the space just doesn't suit it unfortunately :/

my wife owns a small business as well and I end up helping a lot more than I had planned on or care to do. My pipeline has suffered as late and I will have a week or 2 gap in brews unfortunately. What is also unfortunate is the "happy wife, happy life" saying that everyone knows. It goes both ways though. If you're not happy then it's hard to want to make someone else happy. It's a balance that just has to be worked out.
Is there a way you could bring your setup to the yoga studio and brew out back? You could do a no chill brew.

I haven't gotten to stand around and watch the pot boil for years now. I get to brew but I also have to do other stuff while I'm brewing. Whether it be clean the kitchen, fix stuff around the house, yard work, take care of the kids, help with the business, etc, etc. Maybe you need to do something similar? What really matters is I get to brew even though it's not lounging in my hammock, sipping beer, watching the clouds go by. I'll get back to that one day!

Unfortunately the studio has no outdoor area. And yeah, when I do brew it is while doing chores, haha. I kind of made up my mind to let the gf know that once our lease is up (this April) that she is either on her own or we need to let the studio go. It has never made any money, always been her passion project that we put about 40 hours a week into just to break even. The bummer is that she really enjoys it even though there is no money in it. I will probably need to have a homebrew after the talk today :p

Well while her having a passion for something is fine and all... you have passion for stuff too. Is your passions less important than hers? No. you like to brew so brew!

Back