I Just Finished A Day Of Firsts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjung

Reaction score
This was the first day using my new brewpot (32 qt.), therefore allowing me my first time brewing the whole batch, the first time doing two brews in one day (an Altm and what was supposed to be a Pale Ale of my own recipe, but came out a bit darker than intended), and the first time using my new wort chiller. All in all, a rather successful day !

It took me a bit longer than I expected, starting at 11:am, and finishing around 7:30. but I am sure that I can cut down the time with a little more practice.

Now, time for a shower, one more beer, and try to convince my g/f to give me a rubdown, lol !

Oh, yeah, and my first time brewing outside. (Damn, those flys are a friggin' nuisance !!!!)

Good job! Once you get your routine down you should be able to go from first equipment out to last equipment cleaned up in under 4 hours...that's what I've been able to get down to.

Good job! Once you get your routine down you should be able to go from first equipment out to last equipment cleaned up in under 4 hours...that's what I've been able to get down to.

I'm sure that once I get a grain mill, a day like yesterday will go much faster. Both batches were partial mashes, and I crushed the grain with a rolling pin. I used about 2 1/2 lbs. per recipe, so that took a bit of time, plus getting the pot to boil. I'd never done a full batch boil before.

I just checked the fermenters, and I have activity from both, in under 24 hrs. !

Now, I can't wait to taste my own recipe. I tried it gree, just before I pitched the yeast, and it was pretty good. Maltier than I expected, and darker, too.

Back