I just cracked my first bottle of Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurieGator

Reaction score
after 1 week of carbonation to test it... I let it sit in primary for 3 weeks, it hit FG and I bottled it with 5 oz corn sugar for 5 gallons of Amber Ale.

It doesn't have much carbonation, but it had more than I expected. I got bubbles in my brew, had bubbles in my mouth but it didn't have a head. The bubbles in my mouth felt a lot like a true French Champagne, very small and smooth bubbles. No biggie, it still has at least 2 more weeks at room temp (72F here...)

The taste??? I am truly shocked by it. It was REALLY smooth! I didn't taste any green in it or any off flavors. (unlike the stout we bottled yesterday, which was greener than Kermit the Frog...) It had a nice finish and I didn't have any funky aftertaste even after 30 minutes.

I feel like my first homebrew ever was really a success! I want to say THANK YOU again to ALL of the patient newbie babysitters in this group! I have been reading your advice for the last 4 weeks and I have learned and grown with each batch of brew that I have made! Tomorrow is my first full pot boil and Monday or Tuesday will be my first all grain batch!

You gals and guys in here are the BESTEST!!! :ban:

Just another congrats here. As bradsul said, if you think it's good now, it'll blow your mind in a few weeks.

Must be a lucky day for homebrew, I just cracked the seal on an oatmeal stout that's only two weeks in the bottle, and it's easily the best beer I've ever brewed.

Cheers! :mug:

Congrats on the first brew and for getting your pipeline going so quickly! Be sure to keep everyone posted on how it all turns out!

Back