I have some stubby bottles (advice needed)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerFingers

Reaction score
Hey all,

So my dad was clearing out a storage shed, and he gave me an unopened 6 pack of PBR in stubby bottles. He said he was going to throw them out, but knew I was home brewing and thought I might be able to use the bottles. (Oh, and they are cappable and have paper labels).

:D

I have no problem using them for homebrew. However, I started thinking that even though the beer inside is long past drinkable, it is still in the original closed-top paper carrier and might be collectable. I have not been able to find any info on how old these bottles might be.

Would you just use them for homebrew or would you try to sell it as a vintage item?

Curious....

TF

Sure its free beer, but im guessing its somewhere between 50-70 years old-- thats a little too much conditioning for me.

it isn't too difficult to muster up 6 capable bottles. Now coming across 6 that are 50+ years, unopened, and label in place.... not quite as easy. Keep em, sell em, use them to decorate your bar when you build it-- but please leave them in their current condition.

Back