I have a problem.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fusorfodder

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still doing extract brewing and from brew #1 I've been using specialty grains. My problem is, these specialty grains are tasty! I can't help but take a pinch or two of them and chew away. Sure if I was doing AG I'd have enough to spare, but I have to be careful with the small amounts I have. Crystal malts in particular are my weakness I have to say. I'm not alone in having this problem, am I? :D

I think you've found your reason to go AG. :)

I have about 5 AG brews under my belt, and I still do it .... so much better than Grape Nuts, that's for sure.

Go to the LBHS and get yourself a pound of crystal and munch away!

HA! I do the same thing after the mash and before I dump the grains. My one buddy gets a bowl of grain to chomp on everytime that we brew.

Tasty stuff. No wonder beer tastes to good. :drunk:

My SWMBO makes sure that when I am done with my steeping grain I make her bread out of it.
I make a normal batch of wheat bread and put about 2 good handfuls of steeped grain in it. I rinse the malt containers with HOT water and add that to the bread too.
If it works out right, I like to put some yeast cake in it too, but that rarely happens, and you have to be careful about that too, because you'll end up with Hop Bread...and that isn't very good.

Back